Advisory on the sale and valuation of bank portfolios for banks
Sale and valuation of bank portfolios for banks
We assist our clients in the transactions of valuation and sale of non-performing (NPL) and performing portfolios.
We assist our clients in the transactions of valuation and sale of portfolios.
Changes in the requirements imposed by the banking supervision authorities, changes in capital adequacy and liquidity requirements are major challenges for our clients from the banking sector. Additionally, in recent years in the banking sector there was noted a significant increase of overdue receivables from customers and intensive development of overdue receivables sales market to external companies.
To meet the expectations of our clients from the banking sector, who want to, among others, reduce their internal debt collection activities, improve the capital adequacy ratio or the impact on the profit and loss account, improve the structure of the loan portfolio, we assist our clients in the transactions of valuation and sale of non-performing (NPL) and performing portfolios.
We have extensive experience in supporting our clients in the sale of portfolios from the beginning of the transaction to its completion. Our experience includes support in large transactions involving the sale of organized parts of enterprise, as well as small sale transactions of overdue portfolios or single receivables.
Our support may include, inter alia:
- Preliminary analysis and assessment of the accounting and tax impact of considered transactions
- Analysis of the different scenarios of planned transactions and their impact on the financial results, CAR or dividend potential
- Selection and structuring of sale portfolios dedicated for sale or the organized part of enterprise
- Preparation of the information memorandum for investors
- Active support in reaching prospective investors interested in the purchase
- Preparation of materials for the due diligence process and sales process
- Support in negotiations with interested investors
- Cooperation with the lawyers in the preparation of relevant documents
- Support during the bidding offering and negotiation of contractual terms.
Our experts support clients throughout the entire process to ensure process transparency, completion within established timeframe and in accordance with the law and market practice. We help our clients to meet the expectations of all stakeholders in ensuring fair and transparent process and to understand the accounting consequences of planned transactions, which allow to make optimal decisions regarding the business objectives of the organization and accounting impact from the point of view of financial reporting.