For KPMG in Greece full compliance with all laws, regulations and professional standards that apply is our foremost commitment. More than that, we are responsible corporate citizens, playing an active role in global initiatives relating to climate change, sustainability, and international development.
As such, we aspire to the 10 principles of the UN Global Conduct and particularly supporting a precautionary approach to environmental challenges, undertaking initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility and encouraging the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
Our objectives for responsible and efficient environmental management focus on:
- Reducing our energy and water requirements and our overall environmental footprint
- Managing our solid waste effectively, emphasizing on proper separation and recycling
- Raising awareness on environmental issues and actively contributing to the protection of the environment.
To achieve these objectives, KPMG in Greece:
- Establishes a framework for the systematic assessment of the environmental aspects for all corporate functions and processes and takes measures to improve its environmental performance, protect the environment, prevent pollution, and use resources in a responsible and sustainable manner.
- Provides regular awareness and training sessions to all employees
- Ensures compliance with all applicable legal, compliance and regulatory requirements
- Commits to the continuous implementation and the improvement of the effectiveness of the Environmental Management System in order to enhance its environmental performance.
This policy is communicated to all the employees of KPMG in Greece, to relevant stakeholders and to business associates.