Regulation of the extraordinary financial support for the normalization of business activity
Regulation of the EFSNBA
The Ministerial Order no. 170-A/2020 of 13 July regulates the procedure, conditions and terms of access to the "EFSNBA".
The Ministerial Order no. 170-A/2020 of 13 July has been recently published. This Ministerial Order regulates the procedure, conditions and terms of access to the extraordinary financial support for the normalization of business activity (“EFSNBA”).
The EFSNBA is granted by the Instituto do Emprego e da Formação Profissional, I. P. (IEFP, I. P.) and is intended for the employers who benefited from the extraordinary support for maintaining employment contracts or an extraordinary training plan granted under the Decree-Law No. 10-G/2020, in its current wording, that has ceased, in the meantime.
The request shall be submitted within the period defined by resolution of the IEFP, I.P. board, through an online application on the IEFP Portal, along with the following documentation:
- declaration of no debt before the social security and the tax authorities;
- statement of honor stating that no application was submitted for the purpose of benefiting from any other extraordinary support for the gradual resumption under the Resolution of the Council of Ministers no. 41/2020, of 6 June;
- IBAN proof;
- terms of acceptance, according to the oficial model provided by IEFP, I. P.
The IEFP, I.P. has a 10-working-day period from the date the application is submitted to decide the attribution of the financial support.
The payment of the EFSNBA is made under the following terms:
(i) support in the amount of EUR 635 per worker covered by the “simplified lay-off” or the extraordinary training plan (paid in one installment) – payment within 10 working days counting from the date one is notified of the approval of the application;
(ii) support in the amount of EUR 1.270 per worker covered by the “simplified lay-off” or the extraordinary training plan – payment in two installments in the same amount, as follows:
- the first installment being paid within 10 working days from the date of communication of the approval of the application, and
- the second within 180 days from the day after the last day of application of the measures relating to the “simplified lay-off” or the extraordinary training plan.
Employers that use EFSNBA cannot access to the extraordinary progressive resumption support foreseen in the Resolution of the Council of Ministers no. 41/2020.
To access the Decree-Law please refer to the document below.
© 2023 KPMG Advisory – Consultores de Gestão, S.A., a Portuguese private limited company and a member firm of the KPMG global organization of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.
For more detail about the structure of the KPMG global organization please visit https://kpmg.com/governance.
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia