KPMG Forensic team offers comprehensive assistance in designing and implementing a whistleblower system as well as support in handling whistleblower reports and conducting internal investigations.
Directive (EU) 2019/1937 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2019 on the protection of persons who report breaches of Union law imposes a number of new compliance obligations on businesses in the area of whistleblower protection. Organizations with more than 250 employees will be required to implement appropriate whistleblower reporting mechanisms. KPMG has the appropriate IT solutions for whistleblowing, as well as many years of experience and expertise in handling whistleblowing reports and conducting further work when potential irregularities are identified.
As a whistleblowing tool, we offer a web-based platform that enables both whistleblower reporting as well as the management and maintenance of reports by organizations. Reporting is done through an online form which enables users to include attachments. The tool offers:
- Anonymity of whistleblower reports,
- Data security and compliance with GDPR requirements,
- Module to enable anonymous communication with whistleblowers,
- Ease of configuration and implementation,
- Ability to generate statistics and reports to analyze submitted information and track trends quickly and easily.
Support in handling requests and conducting internal investigations
Drawing on our experience in conducting fraud investigation projects and other investigative services, we offer support in the processing of reports received through the whistleblower platform. Our support may concern both the handling of the report and conducting further internal work of an investigative nature. The scope of our work may include, for example:
- Conducting interviews with the whistleblower or other designated individuals to obtain detailed information regarding the whistleblower report,
- Detailed analysis of documentation pertaining to the report, including data analysis procedures and review of accounting/financial/personal records,
- Forensic Technology procedures, such as securing devices (server/desktop/laptop/phone/other) that contain electronic data and reviewing their contents using a specialized tool,
- Conducting confrontational interviews with suspects to present facts and evidence obtained during the investigation,
- Identification of recommendations as to the next steps that need to be taken by the organization.
Use the RFP submission form to provide details of the issues you are facing, or the services you require.RFP