Indirect tax can be complicated, and inefficient business structures and processes can result in additional costs and risks to organisations. Indirect tax collections are a major cost of doing business. By better managing indirect tax commitments and liabilities organisations can improve cash flow, reduce your overall risk profile, and help improve the strength of your business.
We can help you with GST compliance, the GST implications of buying and selling property, software based reviews of GST systems and accounts, and complex transactions and cross border issues. Through our international tax network we can provide advice regarding Indirect Tax jurisdictions across the globe.
We take into account commercial and other non-tax considerations, such as accounting and information systems issues. We can on work with you to implement successful approaches, rather than just provide a list of recommendations.
How we can support you
- Identification and resolution of risk issues
- Identification of opportunities for efficiencies and reduced costs
- Efficient technology
- Best practice for GST procedures and policies
- Transfer of knowledge to your in-house tax team
- Ongoing access to KPMG’s global network of professionals experienced in GST and other indirect taxes worldwide.
For further information, please check out our brochures below.
Indirect Tax Compliance
Dealing with GST obligations can be one of the biggest administrative burdens on business. Some organisations are paying too much GST – even the smallest error can cost you and minor improvements can make a big difference.
KPMG’s Indirect Tax Compliance Centre of Excellence can help ensure you not only stay compliant wherever you operate in one or many countries, but that you gain long-term value and reduce risk by getting the most out of your transaction data.
We go beyond and through the use of advanced analytic techniques, we can help you unlock transaction data to add value to your business by zeroing in on unrealised opportunities. You’ll gain deeper insights into your business. You could uncover unexpected advantages – from optimising supply chain, gaining competitive advantage to improving customer relationships.
Turn transaction data into value for your business
KPMG’s Indirect Tax Compliance service is specifically designed to help you achieve cost-efficiencies and gain better process control and visibility.
Our team can help you standardise and automate your indirect tax compliance processes throughout the full compliance life cycle, which can improve your risk management and governance.
Additionally, we can transform your data and knowledge into value through our comprehensive data analytics offerings.
KPMG's Customs practice can help you with a range of customs requirements. Customs duties, import GST and excise can impose significant costs and compliance obligations on businesses. In duty paying industries, the amount of duties paid on imported stock throughout the financial year can exceed the amount of income tax paid annually.
How KPMG can help
- Identifying transfer pricing, customs and supply chain efficiencies.
- Helping develop customs and transfer pricing policies.
- Assistance with a full range of customs valuation issues.
- Accessing preferential duty rates under New Zealand's network of Free Trade Agreements.
- Securing duty concessions for high value imports.
- Managing New Zealand Customs Service audits and liaison with the New Zealand Customs Service on behalf of our clients.
- Customs tariff classifications.
KPMG's Customs Analyser helps companies review their customs practices for compliance with customs rules. It can also identify cost saving opportunities.
KPMG's global network
With customs professionals around the world, KPMG can provide you with customs advice wherever you do business.
For more information on Customs, please view our Customs Tax Intelligence Solution brochure.