Caring for our community amid COVID-19
As this crisis impacts every aspect of our lives, we believe that our support for communities must be focused. Our actions and strategy for all COVID-19 community engagements are guided by five principles:
- Safeguard our people and our communities.
- Ensure everything we do is needs driven.
- Leverage our core competencies as a professional services organisation.
- Build on established societal relationships.
- Coordinate across our network and with external stakeholders.
2020 COVID-19 Special Projects
- In April and September, KPMG folks across the firm stepped up to volunteer their skills and time in the SG Enable virtual CV clinic initiative. Staff volunteers provided people with special needs with advice and feedback on their resumes to support them in finding employment in challenging times like this.
In addition, a few of our staff volunteers took part in SG Enable's Connexions, along with participants from other firms. A virtual training and career fair was also held for persons with disabilities to network with industry professionals and employers.
- In November, we supported Temasek Foundation’s initiative, Project Resilience, by donating reusable masks to various vulnerable communities through our charity partners.
These partners included It's Raining Raincoats, HOME, Metta Welfare Association, TOUCH Community Services, New Hope Community Services, Bizlink Centre and MINDS.
Besides donating to charities, we wanted to tap on our extensive employee network to reach out to the wider community. Our staff were encouraged to pick up and distribute the masks to vulnerable communities around them.
In times of need, KPMG in Singapore provides disaster relief support to aid communities displaced by crises and disasters. Examples of our fundraising efforts include:
|Turkey and Syria Earthquake Relief, February 2023||SGD$42,554|
|Pakistan Monsoon Flood Fundraiser, December 2022||SGD$20,591|
|Somalia Hunger Crisis Relief, October 2022||SGD$31,460|
|Fundraising Appeal for COVID-19 in India, May 2021||SGD$85,940|
|Lebanon Global Appeal, September 2020||SGD$18,545|
|Disaster Relief Fundraiser for Indonesia, Philippines & India 2018||SGD$30,000|
|Global KPMG Disaster Relief Fund, October 2017||SGD$47,344.51|
|Nepal Earthquake Relief, 25 April 2016||SGD$41,392.80|
|Typhoon Haiyan Flag Day, 5 December 2013||SGD$33,300|
|Gansu Quake Relief, August 2013||SGD$3,761.11|