Do you have what it takes to be the next Dutch Tech Innovator?
The KPMG Global Tech Innovator is an annual competition to identify and celebrate the most innovative tech companies around the world. Kicking off with national competitions in 25 countries, the winners from each country will go on to compete in the global final which will take place in Lisbon later this year.
On 14 June 2023, we’re hosting the national competition for the Netherlands to find the next Dutch Tech Innovator. Think you have what it takes?
If you are a fast-growing startup or scaleup with a promising product or service with international ambitions, we invite you to pitch to our jury and compete to become the Dutch Tech Innovator. This is an opportunity to showcase your company and be recognized as one of the Netherland’s most exciting rising stars. Find out more about the application criteria below.
What’s in it for you?
If you’re selected to pitch in the Dutch final, you’ll not only enjoy the exposure and recognition that the event brings but much more:
- The chance to compete against 25 other winners in the Global Final in Lisbon during the Web Summit
- Tickets for the Web Summit, your hotel and travel expenses are on us
- A free ticket for TNW Conference as a finalist in the Dutch competition
Join the competition
Date: 14 June 2023
Time: 16:45-19:00 (CET)
Location: Atelier de Vijzel in Amsterdam
Applicants are typically tech entrepreneurs who are successfully making the transition from the start-up phase to the next stage in the growth of their businesses. They have developed innovative, proven technologies, established robust business models, demonstrated traction, and have the potential to scale up globally.
To be eligible for the competition, you must:
- Be a registered company in The Netherlands
- Have been actively operating for 5 years or less (in the current form)
- Generate revenue between US $1 million and $15 million; or have raised at least US $500,000 in equity
- Be either a pure technology or a tech-enabled, tech-driven or tech-led business
- Not be majority owned by a large corporate
- Conduct all pitches in English
- Available to pitch at our event on June 14th in Amsterdam
- If selected as the Dutch finalist, be available to pitch at the global final at Web Summit in Lisbon, Portugal in mid-November 2023
What are we looking for?
The pitches will be judged by a panel of industry experts who will listen to the pitch, and ask some follow up questions. All applications will be scored based on six, equally-weighted criteria:
- Disruption and innovation
- Market potential
- Customer adoption
- Market traction and marketing
- Long-term potential
- Pitch quality
The decision of the panel is final.
- 5ᵗʰ April 2023 – Applications open
- 21st May 2023 – Applications close
- 1st June 2023 – Selected participants announced
- 14th June – Dutch finals
- November 2023 – Global final (Lisbon)
After submitting your application, you’ll hear from our team to find out whether you have a spot in the Dutch finals.
Q: What information do I need to provide in my application?
A: If you’d like to apply, here’s what we’ll need:
- Company details (name, address, company registration number, contact details)
- CEO, founder and management team details
- A brief description of the company, business model, any media coverage and proprietary technology (maximum of 200 words)
- Details on funding raised to date, 2022 revenue figures and projections for 2023
- A high-resolution image of your company logo
Q: What is the pitching format?
A: Each company will have 2 minutes to pitch, followed by 3 minutes of Q&A with the judging panel. Supporting slides are allowed, and must be delivered in Microsoft PowerPoint or PDF file format. A detailed pack outlining requirements will be shared with shortlisted businesses before the event.
Q: How and when will the winners be notified?
A: The Dutch winner will be announced on the day of the event after the jury has deliberated. The Global Tech Innovator winner will be announced on stage (in person and virtually) in November 2023.
Q: What are the costs involved in participation?
A: There is no cost involved for entering into the competition, although all costs related to attendance at Dutch finals must be covered by the participants themselves. KPMG will cover the cost of standard class flights/travel, and accommodation for finalist who is invited to present in Lisbon in November.
Q: Is there any publicity involved?
A: KPMG will be promoting the competition in the run up and after the event. By entering the competition, you agree that your company name and logo may be promoted in relation to the competition.
If you are a winner of the competition, you agree that KPMG may use your name, image and company branding to announce the winner of the competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional and marketing purposes.
Q: Will I receive feedback on my application?
A: Unsuccessful applicants will be notified. Due to the volume of entries received, we are unable to provide detailed feedback to each unsuccessful applicant. We value the time and effort put into each submission and thank you for your participation.
Q: Who do I get in touch with for further information?
Meet our 2022 winner
Utrecht-based platform for second-hand furniture and design won the top spot in the Dutch competition, going on to compete in the global finals. Else Herrebout represented Whoppah in the global finals and won the People’s Choice Award.
Find out more about Whoppah in the video below:
Watch Whoppah's pitch as part of the 2022 competition:
Get in touch
Stay up to date
We will keep you updated via e-mail. Please share your preferences.