KPMG Manager, Audit (Financial Services/Consumer & Industrial Markets)
KPMG Manager, Audit (CIM)
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. Our purpose is to inspire confidence and empower change. We have a notable Africa Footprint serving clients across the continent. Our East Africa practice comprises Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Rwanda.
The Nairobi office serves as the regional coordinating office providing the required networking to facilitate delivery of services on a timely basis to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations.
The role shall be based in Kenya.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Taking ownership for the engagement from start to finish - initiating action, anticipating requirements and facilitating discussions, using proficiency in International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and KPMG Audit Execution Guide (KAEG).
- Maintaining a relentless focus on quality and strive to uphold the highest professional standards and levels of objectivity, independence, ethics and integrity within our system of quality management and be as transparent as possible with colleagues and clients to help deliver exceptional services.
- Supporting the Audit business development activities including strategy, opportunity tracking, proposal writing, lessons learning and thought leadership.
- Building strong working relationships and interactions with clients to ensure continuous efficient information flow from the client to the audit team.
- Continuously building confidence in dealing with clients and gain deeper knowledge on tasks in preparation for more complex engagements and client relationship building for client retention and growth.
- Identifying early warning signals and communicating challenges and possible solutions, as well as potential opportunities, to their senior manager/associate director/partner.
- Actively and quickly develop technical skills through on the job learning and through formal training. This includes taking ownership of own professional and career development, demonstrating learning agility and challenging oneself and others to improve.
- Demonstrating exemplary project management skills. This includes focusing on engagement economics management including tracking of budgeted time, prepared by the client lists (PBCs) and preparing billing analyses for review and action by more senior team members.
- Providing regular project status updates against key performance indicators.
- Strengthening critical thinking and professional judgment skills including improving technical research skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Developing strong business acumen and industry knowledge to demonstrate value-add client service.
- Demonstrating capacity and capability for continuous learning including actively seeking specific feedback from peers and managers and providing constructive, honest and timely feedback to team members working under you.
- Maintaining compliance with all firm policies and procedures.
Academic/Professional qualifications and Experience:
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
- Must be a Chartered Certified Accountant.
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in a professional accounting firm in accounting and/or auditing field with at least 1 year in a managerial position.
- Strong understanding and experience with IFRS Standards, International Standards on Auditing, and other assurance based reporting standards.
- Understanding and knowledge of testing both internal control tests of designs and internal control tests of effectiveness.
- Experience in providing technical advisory services to audit engagement teams or clients
- Compliant with KPMG Code of Conduct and all Firm and professional requirements.
- Good communication (written and verbal), numeracy, presentation and analytical skills
- IT proficiency, especially Microsoft Office
- An eye for detail
- Team player with leadership capability
- Excellent coordination and planning skills
- Excellent project management skills
- An exciting opportunity to work with a Big 4 firm on cutting edge clients across Africa.
- Continuous learning and development.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams.
- Unrivalled space to grow and be innovative.
- Opportunity for international travel.
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please use the link below to apply:
Audit Manager (Financial Services/Consumer & Industrial Markets, - Candidate Summary Form
Filling the link is mandatory for consideration alongside sending your application to email@example.com quoting ‘Audit Manager – CIM/FS, Kenya by 15 October 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.