At a glance
At a glance
KPMG is a network of independent member firms with about 265,000 employees in 143 countries and territories.
KPMG is a network of independent member firms with ca. 265,000 employees in 143 countries
Through helping other organizations mitigate risks and grasp opportunities, we can drive positive, sustainable change for clients, our people and society at large.
KPMG - an Overview
KPMG Germany operates in 27 locations, and in FY21, employed close to 12,200 people, serving the needs of business, governments, public-sector agencies, not-for-profits and through KPMG firms' audit and assurance practices, the capital markets. KPMG is committed to quality and service excellence in all that we do, bringing our best to clients and earning the public's trust through our actions and behaviours both professionally and personally.
Our services are divided as follows:
- Audit - Our Audit services are focused on the auditing of consolidated and annual financial statements.
- Tax - The Tax function incorporates the tax advisory services provided by KPMG.
- Consulting & Deal Advisory - Our high level of specialist know-how on business, regulatory and transaction-related issues is brought together within our Consulting and Deal Advisory functions.
We have established teams of interdisciplinary specialists for key industries of the economy. These pool the experience of our experts around the world and further enhance the quality of our advisory services.
There were four key figures in the formation of KPMG. They are the founding members of the present organisation.
- Klynveld - Piet Klynveld founded the accounting firm Klynveld Kraayenhof & Co in Amsterdam in 1917.
- Peat - William Barclay Peat founded the accounting firm Peat & Co in London.
- Marwick - James Marwick established the accounting firm Marwick, Mitchell & Co in New York City in 1897.
- Goerdeler - Dr. Reinhard Goerdeler was the first president of the International Federation of Accountants and a chairman of KPMG. He is credited with laying the foundations of the Klynveld Main Goerdeler merger.
Many clients, different requirements: KPMG in Germany is part of KPMG's global network of member firms. This enables us to put together the right audit or advisory team for each client individually.
Better advisory services thanks to pooled industry knowledge and market awareness.
In addition to specialist know-how from our Audit, Tax and Advisory business areas, our clients also expect KPMG to provide specific industry and market-related skill. This is why we specialize in sectors and markets, sharing the project experience of our specialists in member firms around the world. In this way, we can ensure that our services are more efficient and increase the quality of the advice we provide.
Uniform standards for working methods in member firms around the globe.
We lead with a commitment to quality and integrity across the KPMG global organization, bringing a passion for client success and a purpose to serve and improve the communities in which KPMG firms operate. In a world where rapid change and unprecedented disruption are the new normal, we inspire confidence and empower change in all we do.
Our Values guide our behaviors day-to-day, informing how we act, the decisions we make, and how we work with each other, our clients, companies that we audit, and all our stakeholders. Our values are:
- Integrity - We do what is right.
- Excellence - We never stop learning and improving.
- Courage - We think and act boldly.
- Together - We respect each other and draw strength from our differences.
- For Better - We do what matters.