Hong Kong is transforming into the next steps as a global digital supply chain services hub. The city has taken on major roles in every link of the manufacturing chain, from product design and development to the delivery of goods to consumers. This joint publication by InvestHK and KPMG focuses on several key points in its analysis:
- A high concentration of sourcing talent can be found in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong’s role as a regional hub in the rest of Asia and its long-established ties around the globe show it is an ideal place to manage supply chains
- Strengths in financial, legal and commercial structures make the city a preferred place to carry out business between Mainland China and the world, especially through the Greater Bay Area
- Impact of the clustering effect of cities, combining Hong Kong together with Shenzhen and Guangzhou
- Hong Kong is well placed with its internationally minded sourcing and design workforce to support diversification of manufacturing across ASEAN
- The rise and rise of ESG reporting and sustainability
- Changing consumer expectations about the origin and manner of production
- The Hong Kong SAR government’s continuing support and drive of innovation
- New technologies are allowing businesses to operate more flexibly and seamlessly across the globe and regionally
InvestHK is the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Government Department responsible for Foreign Direct Investment. All rights reserved.
© 2020 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG global organisation of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited (“KPMG International”), a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.