Our Actuarial practice helps you to measure and manage risks, manage regulatory relationships and analyse and improve performance.
Our Actuarial practice helps you to measure and manage risks.
Our accredited actuaries and professionals that form the KPMG actuarial team in Bermuda have a long history of helping our clients with their important issues. Our team consists of experienced team members, including six fully qualified Bermuda-based actuaries. We provide consulting services to commercial life and non-life (re) insurers, Insurance-Linked Securities (ILS) providers, captives, agents and brokers. Our team’s experience covers a wide range of actuarial fields, including the traditional areas of pricing, reserving, capital modeling and risk management.
More specifically, our experience includes:
- Actuarial reserving and financial reporting under IFRS, GAAP and statutory accounting bases
- Actuarial reserving for the Bermuda Economic Balance sheet, including risk margin calculations and applying the Scenario-Based Approach
- Loss Reserve Specialist Opinions (LRSO) and Approved Actuary Opinions (AO)
- Independent Actuarial reviews for Section 25 Portfolio transfers
- Accounting change (IFRS 17 and US GAAP LDTI) implementation support
- Mergers & acquisitions and litigation support, including reserve assessments
- Buy and sell side transaction support including deal pricing, opinions on reserve adequacy and risk transfer testing
- Capital management, modelling, and optimization, including Bermuda Solvency Capital Requirement (BSCR) support
- Actuarial modelling for new insurer formations (pricing, reserving and capital modelling)
We also provide services specific to ILS fund managers and captives:
ILS including cat bonds
- Acting as an independent valuation agent for several ILS funds monthly valuation of net asset value (NAV)
- Acting as an independent valuation agent reviewer for several ILS funds
- Valuation rationalization and providing challenge to a security’s net asset value provided by a sponsoring reinsurer or broker
- Development of models to preform stress and scenario testing to estimate stressed/ buffered losses and help validate pricing
- Consulting and due diligence for prospective ILS investors
- Loss Reserve Specialist Opinions (LRSO) and assurance reviews for cat bonds
- Review and validation of proprietary catastrophe modelling results
- Feasibility studies for new captive formations
- Captive programme optimisation, including assessment of pricing, reserving and strategy
Please reach out to learn how we can help you.
Stay up to date with what matters to you
Gain access to personalized content based on your interests by signing up today