Anam joined the Management Consulting practice of KPMG in Bermuda as a senior manager in 2018. She is a qualified actuary and has nine years’ of experience in the insurance sector.
Most recently, Anam worked in the London office of the Boston Consulting Group specialising in post-merger integration and general insurance growth strategy. Prior to that she worked in PwC’s actuarial practice specialising in risk and capital, implications of Solvency II and insurance M&A.
- Designed GI specialty strategy for a Top 5 London Market insurer. Developed strategic initiatives to increase revenues by 20%, based on external market analyses and internal capabilities assessments.
- Led the P&C Retail strategy design for a GI insurer. Reduced cost ratio by 4pp by outsourcing policy and claims administration.
- Managed the central transformation office of a large life insurance and asset management group as part of post-merger integration. Worked with function heads (CRO, CFO, COO) to develop a new target operating model.
- Set up cost savings programme for a UK insurer as part of 5-year IPO preparation plan. Developed cost savings initiatives to reduce running costs by 30%. Established financial tracking system to track savings.
- Performed market and competitive analyses for a life insurer looking to enter the GI market via acquisition.
- Developed the post-merger “Day 1” risk and controls framework to gain regulatory approval for a European merger.
- Performed internal model reviews and drafted key sections of the regulatory application for 4 out of UK’s 19 IMAP applications in wave 1.
- Re-designed and automated the year-end reporting processes of the finance function of a large P&C insurer operating in London and Bermuda.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate from Harvard University (in progress till 2020)
BSc Actuarial Science with First Class Honours from the London School of Economics
Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries UK