Poland: New maximum 2024 rates for real estate and transportation tax and other local fees
The final amount of the 2024 real estate tax will be set by the council of municipality where the subject of tax or fee is located.
New maximum 2024 rates for real estate and transportation tax and other local fees
The Minister of Finance issued a notice (dated 21 July 2023 and published 1 August 2023) regarding new maximum 2024 rates for real estate tax and transportation tax and other local fees (including marketplace fee and advertising fee).
The final amount of the 2024 real estate tax will be set by the council of municipality where the subject of tax (land, building or structure) or fee is located.
Pursuant to the notice, beginning 1 January 2024:
- Maximum real estate tax rates per 1 sq. m. of:
- Used in business activity, regardless of how it is classified in the land and building register, cannot exceed the amount of PLN 1.34
- Other types of land, including land occupied to pursue paid statutory business by public benefit organizations, cannot exceed the amount of PLN 0.71
- Buildings of parts thereof, per 1 sq. m of usable area for:
- Residential premises, cannot exceed the amount of PLN 1.15
- Buildings used to conduct economic activity and residential buildings, or parts thereof occupied to conduct economic activity, cannot exceed the amount of PLN 33.10
- Other types of buildings, including buildings occupied to pursue paid statutory business by public benefit organizations, cannot exceed the amount of PLN 11.17
- Transportation tax rate for heavy goods vehicles as defined by Article 8(1) of the Act cannot exceed, depending on the vehicle weight:
- PLN 1,173.19 for weight over 3.5 tons up to and including 5.5 tons
- PLN 1,957.12 for weight over 5.5 tons up to and including 9 tons
- PLN 2,348.52 for vehicles above 9 tons
- The rate of:
- Marketplace fee cannot exceed PLN 1,096.39 per day
- Advertising fee cannot exceed PLN 3.62 per day
Read an August 2023 report prepared by the KPMG member firm in Poland
The KPMG name and logo are trademarks used under license by the independent member firms of the KPMG global organization. KPMG International Limited is a private English company limited by guarantee and does not provide services to clients. No member firm has any authority to obligate or bind KPMG International or any other member firm vis-à-vis third parties, nor does KPMG International have any such authority to obligate or bind any member firm. The information contained herein is of a general nature and is not intended to address the circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Although we endeavor to provide accurate and timely information, there can be no guarantee that such information is accurate as of the date it is received or that it will continue to be accurate in the future. No one should act on such information without appropriate professional advice after a thorough examination of the particular situation. For more information, contact KPMG's Federal Tax Legislative and Regulatory Services Group at: + 1 202 533 3712, 1801 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20006.