Malaysia: Summary of income and indirect tax developments (March 2023)
A monthly summary of tax developments that includes a discussion of income tax and indirect tax developments
Summary of tax developments that includes a discussion of income tax and indirect tax
The KPMG member firm in Malaysia prepared a monthly summary of tax developments [PDF 3.3 MB] that includes a discussion of income tax and indirect tax developments.
Income tax developments concern:
- New Malaysia-Poland double taxation agreement
Indirect tax developments cover:
- Postponement of sales tax on low value goods, service tax on goods delivery services, and excise duty on premixed beverages
- Tourism tax policy
- Tourism tax (compounding of offences) regulations 2023
- Tourism tax (amendment) regulations 2023
- Tourism tax (digital platform service provider) (amendment) regulations 2023
- Royal Malaysian Customs Department’s guidelines – application for excise duty and sales tax exemptions on the sale, transfer, private use or disposal of specific type of taxis and hired cars
- Customs Duties (exemption) (amendment) Order 2023
- Launch of MyExcise portal by Customs
The KPMG name and logo are trademarks used under license by the independent member firms of the KPMG global organization. KPMG International Limited is a private English company limited by guarantee and does not provide services to clients. No member firm has any authority to obligate or bind KPMG International or any other member firm vis-à-vis third parties, nor does KPMG International have any such authority to obligate or bind any member firm. The information contained herein is of a general nature and is not intended to address the circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Although we endeavor to provide accurate and timely information, there can be no guarantee that such information is accurate as of the date it is received or that it will continue to be accurate in the future. No one should act on such information without appropriate professional advice after a thorough examination of the particular situation. For more information, contact KPMG's Federal Tax Legislative and Regulatory Services Group at: + 1 202 533 3712, 1801 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20006.