The Washington Report | For the weekend august 1, 2014
The Washington Report | august 1, 2014
In this issue...
Safety & Soundness
- FDIC Removes Examples of Merchant Classes in Reissued
Guidance Regarding Relationships with Third-Party Payment
- FDIC Supervisory Insights Focuses on the Use of Consultants by
Community Banks and Evolving Risks in Banking
- Senate Subcommittee Hearing Examines GAO Report on
- Expectations of Government Support for Bank Holding Companies.
- House Committee on Financial Services Passes Multiple Regulatory
Enterprise & Consumer Compliance
- CFPB Extends Comment Period for Proposed Complaint Narrative
- CFPB Releases Results of Study on Overdraft Charges
- CFPB Partners with Social Services Organizations to Provide
Financial Education to Low Income Consumers
- CFPB and 13 State Attorneys General Issue Consent Order Against
a Nonbank Consumer Lender for Illegal and Deceptive Practices
- CFPB Director Cordray Testifies at House Subcommittee Hearing
Regarding Allegations of Discrimination and Retaliation at Bureau
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Holds
Hearing on Financial Products for Students
Capital Markets & Investment Management
- CFTC Extends Designation of DTCC-SWIFT as LEI Provider
- SEC Enforcement Division Modifies Municipalities Disclosure
- SEC Awards Whistleblower for Reporting Fraud
- Enforcement Actions
Recent Supervisory Actions
© 2024 KPMG LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership and a member firm of the KPMG global organization of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.
For more detail about the structure of the KPMG global organization please visit https://kpmg.com/governance.