The Washington Report | For the week ended May 23, 2014
The Washington Report | For the week ended May 23...
In this issue...
Safety & Soundness
- FDIC Study Indicates Strong Performance and Ongoing Challenges for Rural Community Banks
- OCC Proposes Rule to Integrate National Bank and Federal Savings Association Licensing Rules
- Federal Reserve Announces Action against Foreign Bank for Violations of Federal Banking Laws
- House Committee on Financial Services Passes Multiple Bills Aimed at Small Businesses and Community Banks
Enterprise & Consumer Compliance
- CFPB Director Cordray Offers Remarks at the 2014 Boulder Summer Conference on Consumer Financial Decision-Making
- CFPB Study Finds Medical Debt in Collections May Penalize Consumer Credit Scores
- CFPB Releases Supervisory Highlights Profiling Observations in Nonbank Markets
- Federal Reserve Repeals Regulations DD and P (CFPB Has Ongoing Authority)
- OCC Finalizes Integration of Certain National Bank and Federal Savings Association Consumer Protection Rules
- House Subcommittee Conducts Hearing to Consider Legislative Proposals to Modify CFPB
Capital Markets & Investment Management
- CFTC Makes First Whistleblower Program Award
- SEC Chair Discusses Current Enforcement Environment before the New York City Bar Association
- FINRA Chairman and Chief Executive Discusses Investor Trust in Markets at FINRA Annual Conference
- CFTC Commissioner O’Malia Provides Remarks before the Meeting of the Global Markets Advisory Committee
- Enforcement Actions
Recent Supervisory Actions
© 2023 KPMG LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership and a member firm of the KPMG global organization of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.
For more detail about the structure of the KPMG global organization please visit https://home.kpmg/governance.