When you are planning for any transaction, the historical financial information (HFI) requirements can be complex, and differ according to the transaction type and the capital markets that are relevant. It is frequently one of the most time-consuming and complex work streams when preparing for your transaction, and finding an Audit firm with both the capacity to deliver in the timeframe, who are independent under the required standards, can be a real issue for companies.
Our team works with businesses of all sizes and capital structures, from fast-growing start-ups to large private groups looking to raise capital through an IPO process, both in the UK and US markets. We also work with established listed groups executing significant class 1 transactions or carve out audits for prospective listing/divestments.
With significant experience in both UK and US markets, and the respective auditing and accounting standards, our team can provide assurance over HFI for:
- IPO transactions on UK, US, European and other capital markets, including Reporting Accountant and PCAOB audit opinions
- Class 1 transactions – including acquisitions, divestments, mergers & demergers, reverse takeovers, equity raises
- Carve-out audits for prospective listing and/or acquirer requirements
- SPAC transactions
- Comfort letters on bonds and share issues
- Audit and assurance engagements required in connection with acquisitions, including due diligence requirements or opening balance sheet audits
We also frequently work with international KPMG teams where multi-jurisdiction or local expertise is required.