Join us for an in-person event where we will delve into the technical tax rules, examine the current landscape of country adoption, identify key “no regrets” readiness considerations, and explore practical approaches to be prepared for the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development’s New Global Minimum Effective Tax Rate initiative.
With many jurisdictions announcing Pillar 2 implementation timeline and committing to either the 2024 or 2025 effective dates, there is no denying that Pillar 2 and its fundamental impact on the global tax landscape is a reality. Due to the interactions between Singapore’s specific tax regimes and the implementation of the minimum tax rules, multinational enterprise (MNE) groups headquartered in Singapore and other groups operating within Singapore are expected to experience significant impact. Therefore, it is important to be prepared for the impact of BEPS 2.0 on your organisation.
Key topics to be covered at the event:
- Latest updates on Pillar 2, including current state-of-play worldwide and in the Asia Pacific region, and how the staggered implementation timeline can have varying impacts on a group’s overall tax profile
- Insights into the latest Pillar 2 related developments in the United States and Singapore
- Analysis of Pillar 2 considerations in M&A transactions and pre-regime actions
- Examination of the potential impact of BEPS 2.0 on Pillar 2 tax incentives
- Impact on financial reporting and disclosure requirements
- Planning a project for Pillar 2 readiness, encompassing key system, data challenges and automation planning for future compliance
This event will allow an opportunity to network with other industry professionals. Admission is complimentary, but early registration is highly recommended to secure your spot.
Wednesday, 2 August 2023
9.00am - 11.30am
(Registration & breakfast start from 8.30am)
12 Marina View,
Asia Square Tower 2,
Level 15, Singapore 018961