Financial instruments challenges
Companies are increasingly faced with new and complex accounting events that demand the combination of technical knowledge, experience and focus that the KPMG Financial Services Accounting Advisory team can provide. Our experience of reporting standards, banking and capital markets and leading internally developed technical tools make our service unique and robust. Our professionals provide accounting, tax and regulatory advice to financial institutions (banks, insurance companies and asset managers) and Corporate Treasuries.
How can KPMG help
Examples of how we can help are:
- managing and/or assisting in the implementation of accounting standards (IFRS 9, IFRS 17);
- providing technical accounting advice on transactions and restructurings involving financial instruments;
- evaluating the alignment of your accounting policies for financial instruments with the business model;
- efficient execution of SPPI-tests for financial instruments (listed and non-listed/loans);
- assesing the alignment of your hedging strategies with your risk management objectives;
- designing and evaluating hedge accounting models.
We provide technical specialists to support your company in assessing and implementing new accounting policies and to offer assistance in assessing accounting consequences for complex transactions involving financial instruments.
Capital Markets & Accounting Advisory Services (CMAAS) comprises a dedicated team of professionals providing accounting and financial reporting advice on a wide range of transactions and events, including adherence to new or revised accounting standards and assistance during (Capital Market) transactions. Due to our technical knowledge, industry experience and project management skills, we are well equipped to assist you in a variety of projects.