We want to recognize today’s leading tech innovators on a local and global scale
The second annual KPMG Private Enterprise Tech Innovator competition will recognize Kuwait’s leading tech innovators and future tech titans.
At KPMG Private Enterprise, we understand the impact that technology trailblazers such as yourself are creating on the world. Whether yours is a pure technology company or you’re tech-enabled, tech-led or tech-driven, we want to hear from you.
We’re inviting you to compete with technology entrepreneurs across Kuwait — and in 21 other countries in most major regions of the world. You’ll pitch your innovations and present your growth ambitions to a panel of industry professionals.
Wherever you are in your business lifecycle — from early-stage growth to getting ready to accelerate your expansion — our aim is to help you achieve your ambition and take your business to the next level.
To get started, tell us about you, your business and your ambitions.
Compete on the global stage
The KPMG Private Enterprise Global Tech Innovator competition showcases entrepreneurs across industries who are innovating to become the tech leaders of tomorrow. Hear from the 2021 finalists here.
Finalists will receive
An unrivaled platform to profile your business:
- Exposure: Pitch your innovations and present your growth ambitions. Winning companies will be featured in KPMG’s ‘Winners Report’ and local media profiles. They will also receive global attention among key influencers at the finale in November 2022.
- Recognition: Profile your business throughout the competition, leveraging KPMG channels and local media.
- Networking: Connect with like-minded peers, key industry experts and influencers both locally and globally.
- Go global: Winners will automatically progress to the Global Tech Innovator finale, to be hosted in Lisbon, Portugal in November.
What makes a winner?
Applicants are typically technology entrepreneurs who are successfully making the transition from the startup phase to the next stage in the growth of their businesses. They have developed innovative, proven technologies, established robust business models, demonstrated traction and have the potential to scale up globally.
To be eligible for the competition, you must:
- be a registered company in Kuwait where the country finale is being held;
- have been actively operating for five years or less (in the current form);
- generate a revenue between US $1 million and $15 million; or have raised at least US $500,000 in equity;
- be a pure technology or a tech-enabled, tech-driven or tech-led business;
- not be majority-owned by a large corporate;
- conduct all pitches in English;
- be available to pitch at the Kuwait final event in the timeline outlined by the country of origin (if applicable);
- available to pitch virtually at the Kuwait final event in the timeline outlined by the country of origin; and
- be available to pitch at the global finale at Web Summit in Lisbon, Portugal in November 2022, if selected as a finalist.
What are we looking for?
Each pitching competition will be judged by a panel of industry experts. All applications will be scored based on six, equally weighted criteria:
- Disruption and innovation
- Market potential
- Customer adoption
- Market traction and marketing
- Long-term potential
- Pitch quality
The decisions of the panel will be final.
Q: How can I participate in the competition?
A: To enter the competition, you must fill out the online application form for your company before the application deadline of [ ]
Q: Who can apply?
A: Any technology entrepreneur that has operated for less than five years and is registered and based out of Kuwait can apply. Applicants must have innovative, proven technologies, robust business models, the ability to demonstrate traction in their activities and the potential to scale up. All entrants entering the competition on behalf of the company must be residents of Kuwait and aged 18 years or over. KPMG employees and contractors are prohibited from entering the competition.
Q: When can I apply?
A: Applications are open from 19 June 2022 and close on 8 September 2022. All applications must be received by 8 September 23:59 AST.
Q: Is there a limit to the number of entries?
A: During the application period, there is no limit to the number of companies that can apply, however we request that no more than one application per company is submitted.
Q: What information do I need to provide?
A: If you’d like to apply, here’s what we’ll need:
- Company details (name, address, company registration number, contact details)
- CEO, founder and management team details
- A brief description of the company, business model, any media coverage and proprietary technology (maximum of 200 words)
- Details on funding raised to date, 2021 revenue figures and projections for 2022
- A high-resolution image of your company logo
Q: How do I know if my company qualifies?
A: We aim to be as inclusive as possible; whether you’re a pure technology company or tech-enabled, tech-led, or tech-driven, we want to hear about your growth ambitions.
Q: What stage should my company be at to be considered?
A: We are looking for companies that have been operating for five years or less, and have a viable product or service.
Q: What is the pitching format?
A: Each company will be given a total of approximately 15 minutes to both pitch and answer questions from the judging panel. All presentations must be in Microsoft PowerPoint or PDF file format. A detailed pack outlining requirements will be shared with the shortlisted businesses when appropriate.
Q: What is the judging criteria?
A: Each pitching competition will be judged by a panel of industry and KPMG experts. All applications will be scored based on six, equally weighted criteria. The criteria are disruption and innovation, market potential, customer adoption, market traction and marketing, long-term potential and pitch quality. The decisions of the panel will be final.
Q: What does the winner get?
A: The Kuwait winner will receive exposure and recognition through local media coverage and KPMG corporate channels. The Kuwait winner will also be put forward as finalists in the Global Tech Innovator competition, which will take place in November 2022.
The finalists will be provided with standard class flights/travel, hotel accommodation for the final.
The prizes cannot be substituted for cash or any other alternatives.
Q: How and when will the winner be notified?
A: The Kuwait winner will be notified on the day of the final. The winner will also be profiled in the KPMG 'Winners Report'. The Global Tech Innovator winner will be announced on stage (in person and virtually) in November 2022.
Q: What are the costs involved in participation?
A: There is no charge for entering into the competition, although all costs related to attendance at the country finals must be covered by the participants themselves, where they are being held in person. KPMG will cover the cost of standard class flights/travel, accommodation for one member from the finalist companies who are invited to present in November.
Q: Is there any publicity involved?
A: KPMG Private Enterprise will be promoting the pitch heats alongside various partners throughout the course of the competition. By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by KPMG to administer the competition.
If you are a winner of the competition, you agree that KPMG may use your name, image and company branding to announce the winner of the competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional and marketing purposes.
Q: Will I receive any feedback on my application?
A: Unsuccessful applicants will be notified. Due to the volume of entries received, we are unable to provide detailed feedback to each unsuccessful applicant.
We value the time and effort put into each submission and thank you for your participation.
Q: Who do I get in touch with for further information?
A: For any further information, please email kw-fm-KPMGmarkets@kpmg.com.
“I am pleased to announce the launch of the first KPMG Tech Innovator competition in Kuwait. This platform will help provide start-ups and early stage companies with an opportunity to pitch their ideas in front of the investors and increase the visibility of their business.”
Partner and Head of Deal Advisory,
KPMG in Kuwait
Do you have what it takes? Apply now
- Submit your application on the portal before 8 September 2022
Application process and timeline
- 19 June 2022 — Applications open
- 8 September 2022 — Applications close
- September 2022— Kuwait final event
- November 2022 — Global final event
“With a surge of technology-enabled firms in Kuwait and the meteoric rise of the E-commerce sector in the country, the Global Tech Innovator competition presents the perfect platform for the start-ups and early-stage companies to present their business ideas to the investors.”
Dr. Rasheed Al-Qenae,
KPMG in Kuwait
KPMG’s participation and contribution in this regard is not an endorsement, sponsorship or implied backing of any company’s products or services.