- Large volume of around 50,000+ airline invoices required to be processed from a GST input tax credit claim perspective
- Non-availability of standard purchase register containing GST for such travel/flight expenses for 2B based reconciled ITC claim
- Manual collation and spreadsheet based GST data created from airline invoice copies manually
- Tedious, time and resource consuming process with probability of manual data entry errors while collation
- Flight Expenses/Airline Invoices GST input credit was taken basis only GSTR-2B data.
Challenges of tax/finance function
How our tech enabled managed services addressed the challenges?
- RPA (Robotic Process Automation) technology implemented to prepare GST relevant purchase register from 30+ different airline invoice pdf copies
- Airline Invoices accessed via email/ file transfers in batches are auto-extracted and RPA applied thereon reducing manual intervention
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology applied for creation of purchase register in reduced time with GST input tax credit relevant details (more than 1,000 processed in less than ten minutes)
- Output digital register customised for direct use in carrying out GSTR-2B reconciliation on GST compliance platform.
- Automation enabled elimination of manual, time-consuming and cumbersome repetitive activities of creating GST ITC claim register for Airline Expenses
- Automated digital register was now made available for business to claim GST input credit and that too after reconciliation with GSTR-2B
- Automation allowed the company to free up business time/resources and focus on other strategic areas.