Privacy Notice - Job application
Privacy Notice - Job application
KPMG Limited (‘KPMG’, ‘We’, ‘us’) is limited liability company incorporated in Cyprus under company number HE132822 and is located at 14 Esperidon Street, 1087, Nicosia and is a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International. KPMG is dedicated to protecting the personal data that is entrusted to it. As part of this fundamental obligation, KPMG is committed to the appropriate protection and use of personal information (sometimes referred to as Personal Data) that we collect about you.
This Privacy Statement explains how KPMG is collecting, using, sharing and protecting the personal data entrusted to it.
1. What data we collect and how
KPMG collects the personal data that you, the Candidate, provided in the registration and job application process, though our HR System hosted by Exelsys. Exelsys will then create a user account which will enable you to have access to your personal data, at any time you wish, for amendments, attachments etc. that you wish to make.
2. Why we collect data and on what grounds do we do so
Your consent: we will ask you for specific permission to process some of your personal information, and we will only process your personal information in this way if you agree to us doing so. You may withdraw your consent at any time by sending us an email at:
For available vacancies within KPMG: firstname.lastname@example.org
For available vacancies through KPMG: email@example.com
3. Disclosed and Shared
For available vacancies within KPMG:
The recipients of your personal data will be the authorized officers and employees of KPMG Limited that are responsible for assessing your job application.
Your personal data will be saved by KPMG Limited for a period of two years.
For available vacancies through KPMG:
The recipients of your personal data will be the authorized officers and Recruitment Specialized Advisors of KPMG Limited that are responsible for the processing and assessment of your application and also, the personal data may be shared or disclosed to the client, the potential employer, at either the long-listing or the short-listing phase.
Upon receiving your consent to retain your personal data for future vacancies, your personal data will be saved by KPMG Limited for a period of two years.
Upon receiving your request to delete your personal data and not to retain it for future vacancies, your personal data will be deleted within 30 days.
4. What your rights are and how you can exercise them.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data. We wish to inform you that you have the following rights:
- Access and correction: you have the right to access that data. This is sometimes called a ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you, we will provide it to you free of charge. Before providing personal information to you, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information in regarding your interaction with us so that we can locate your personal information. If the information we hold about you is incorrect, you can log in with your credentials and correct any inaccuracies in the personal information section.
- Object to processing: you have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more.
- Other rights: in addition, you may have rights to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long, have its processing restricted in certain circumstances and/or to obtain copies of information we hold about you in electronic form.
You can make a request or exercise these rights by contacting KPMG at DataProtection@kpmg.com.cy and we will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request and respond within 30 days, so long as it is consistent with applicable law and professional standard.
If you have any concerns in relation to the processing of your personal data from us or if you are not satisfied with a response that you may receive or if you believe that any of your rights have been infringed, you may escalate your concern by sending an email with subject “Complaint” to DataProtection@kpmg.com.cy and we will be more than happy to resolve any issues. In any event, you always have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority in Cyprus, at the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection.