Matt is an International Tax professional specialising in transfer pricing and value chain management. He has over 20 years experience combining advisory (big 4) and industry roles across property, technology and communications, aviation and alcoholic beverages sectors. Prior to joining KPMG Matt was the Global head of transfer pricing and business risk at a global FMCG business.
Matt has worked across multiple industry sectors, including as an in-house specialist, giving him unparalleled practical experience of not only complex operational design but the securing of value through effective implementation and dispute resolution. Specific areas he has focused on are as follows:
- Effective IP management: including tax efficient intellectual property (IP) migrations and operating model designs.
- Supply chain re-organisations: specifically focusing on global/regional supply hubs as well as specific activities such as procurement.
- Identification and management of intra group services: including the design and implementation of global/regional recharge models.
- Global policy designs: developing global transfer pricing (TP) polices to apply to all parts of the value chain, updating existing policies to incorporate leading edge market trends.
- Global policy execution: managing global processes to ensure that polices are robustly supported and executed. This includes developing global documentation templates through to specific processes to ensure the end statutory results match the intended policy.
- Dispute resolution: successfully concluding tax authority disputes and academic progress audit system (APAs) across the globe including in the UK, US, Australia, Italy, Canada, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Korea, Denmark, Singapore, Thailand and The Netherlands.
- Transfer pricing for joint ventures (JV’s), with policy designs and integration for global alcoholic beverage and consumer health businesses.
Matt is a member of both the association of tax technicians and the chartered institute of taxation. In addition, he has been a keynote speaker on transfer pricing for LexisNexis, IBC tax and IFA conferences.
He has also actively lobbied on key organization for economic cooperation and development (OECD) consultations both directly as a Global Head of TP and through other bodies such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) as a technical expert.
BA (Hons), Economics, University of Kent, England
Association Taxation Technician (ATT)
Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA)