Be it planning an acquisition, resolving a dispute involving joint venture partners, or raising funds to expand core capabilities: you already appreciate the need to better understand value so that your business can make optimal decisions. However, you also know that understanding value goes beyond just running the numbers.
KPMG’s global team of integrated Valuation specialists, bringing together expertise from across all of our member firms, means that we can take a holistic view when determining value and really take the time to understand your business’ dynamics. We have the means to examine all aspects of various industries and deep insight to recognise the value drivers that might affect them. KPMG can also draw on our extensive experience to apply relevant valuation methodologies, bringing to bear our industry knowledge and innovative benchmarking tools.
KPMG’s global network of Valuation professionals provides a range of services that cut across the entire deal cycle. These include:
- Dispute valuation: We offer dispute services related to transactions, including the dissolution of joint ventures, determination of price per value for good/bad levers under shareholder agreements, and advice on non-transactional disputes.
- Fairness opinions: We help shareholders, the board and the company with determining the fairness of the price and terms of a transaction, as required by domestic and international regulatory authorities.
- Finance support: We can provide the kind of advice needed for raising equity or debt financing, including determining the value of the equity to be issued to the new partners or shareholders of an entity, or valuation and equity splits at formation.
- Independent board advice: We provide independent objective advice to help determine the right price to pay or accept for a business.
- Investment and transactional advice: We help you analyse investment or divestment opportunities. This includes guidance on joint ventures and alliances where valuation advice can help in pricing negotiations or in the final investment decision, as well as equity splits at formation or exit. Integrating due diligence findings into valuation analysis is integral to this process.
- Restructuring: We help lenders, companies, and administrators by providing valuation advice and strategic disposal options, connected with Independent Business Reviews and independent valuation opinions that benefit administrators and similar acting parties.
- Venture capital and holding company support: We can help establish the value of unquoted investment portfolios to help venture capitalists and holding companies make sound, strategic investment decisions.