On 21 December 2021, Yurydychna Gazeta published its annual ranking survey “Market Leaders. Ranking of Ukrainian Law Firms 2021”. KPMG Law Ukraine ranked 19th, one position higher compared with the previous year, and has been recognised as a leader in several practices including Energy and Natural Resources, Compliance, Private Clients, and Tax Law.
The survey analyses the activities and achievements of local law firms on the Ukrainian legal market, identifies major trends and successes, and assesses the market’s potential.
2021 was a remarkable year for KPMG in terms of awards and recognition, with KPMG Law Ukraine recognised by many international and national rankings:
- seven KPMG practices were among the rankings compiled by The Legal 500; including Tax Law, Private Client, Corporate Law and M&A, Energy, Dispute Resolution, Banking & Finance, and Real Estate.
- According to a Chambers Europe survey, KPMG was recognised as a leader in Tax Law.
- IFLR 1000 named KPMG a leader in the Banking & Finance sector and ranked the company as a Tier 5 Firm, with the work of KPMG’s M&A practice especially noted in the ranking.
- KPMG was named one of the best companies in Transfer Pricing, according to the ITR EMEA Tax Awards 2021. As usual, the company ranked as a Tier 1 Firm in both Tax and Transfer Pricing by the World Tax and World Transfer Pricing 2022 rankings. Tax Dispute Resolution practice was also named as being among the leaders in its field, ranking as Tier 3.
- KPMG reached the final stage of the Legal Awards as a strong contender for “Tax Firm of the Year in Ukraine”.
- According to annual ranking publication “Ukrainian Law Firms 2021. A Handbook for Foreign Clients”, KPMG rightly lauded as a market leader in Tax Consulting and Tax Dispute Resolution, and identified as one of the most reputable practices for Transfer Pricing. KPMG was also commended for other practices, and comes highly recommended for clients interested in Corporate Law and M&A, Energy and Natural Resources, and Private Clients.
- KPMG ranked 23rd in the “Top 50 Law Firms of Ukraine”, earning recognition as an outstanding leader in the following fields: Tax Law and Tax Dispute Resolution, Energy and Natural Resources, Real Estate and Construction, and Corporate Law and M&A.