Ashley was the first place in the 1999 Bar Exam. She served as an attorney in a large international law firm and then as a chief legal officer in a company. As such, Ashley has abundant experience in contract review, legal advisory service and dispute resolution in respect of diversified commercial transactions.
Ashley is good at handling complex governmental regulations and administrative lawsuits. In case of public construction and government procurement, Ashley has participated in several landmark BOT and public construction cases, including drafting bidding documents, reviewing contracts, issuing legal opinions and acting in litigation and arbitration. In case of labor law, Ashley has also represented a famous global company to win a pioneering labor lawsuit, which set the first example in Taiwan of penalizing vexatious litigation pursuant to the Civil Procedure Act.
With the emergence of the renewable energy industry in recent years, Ashley further steps into the legal services for green industries. She has acted on behalf of foreign investors in reviewing contracts such as assets purchase agreements, service agreements and EPC agreements. She has also been engaged by domestic solar generators to conduct legal due diligence for project financing.
Professional Service Experience
- Attorney, Baker & McKenzie Taipei Office
- Clerk, Constitutional Court of Judicial Yuan
- Research Assistant, National Taiwan University
- Chief Legal Officer, Getmore Group of Companies
Areas of expertise
- Energy law and renewable energy
- Government procurement and public construction
- General corporate advice and contract review
- Labor law and competition law
- Litigation and arbitration
National Taiwan University School of Law (LL.B.)
National Taiwan University School of Law (LL.M.)
Harvard University (LL.M.)
Admitted to Bar, Taiwan