As ESG issues continue to mount, the pressure is on for businesses and government leaders to demonstrate that they are well equipped to understand and address key challenges — from climate change, to social inequality, to business transparency and accountability.
At KPMG, we are doing our part with a plan to save the planet. We have committed to a multi-year investment programme to embed ESG at the heart of everything we do. Our actions are underpinned by ESG commitments outlined in Our Impact Plan. Because we understand that sustainable growth is the only way to build successful and resilient businesses, for both our people and our clients.
Bringing together specialised skills and interdisciplinary knowledge from diverse backgrounds, our dedicated team of ESG experts support corporates and the public sector in navigating a complex and ever-evolving climate. Whether your organisation is just beginning its sustainability journey or at an advanced stage, we have the expertise and global insights to help you unlock change.
We power solutions to empower lasting companies and communities on this fragile planet.
Our ESG vision
Turning insights into opportunity for your business, your people and our planet.
We have pledged to become a net-zero carbon organisation by 2030. We are halving our greenhouse gas emissions and working towards 100% renewable electricity.
Inclusion, diversity and equity are foundational to our purpose, values and strategy. In Singapore, close to 60% of our headcount are women. We believe that every person should be treated with dignity and respect at work.
KPMG is investing US$1.5 billion over the next 3 years to focus on a global ESG change agenda and US$125 million on community initiatives. We're starting from the inside out, and empowering our global community to be agents of positive change.
All Global Board and Singapore leadership members are trained in KPMG’s Code of Conduct and tax policies and procedures, reflecting our commitment to the highest standards of personal and professional behavior in everything we do.
ESG solutions and services
Meeting you wherever you are on your ESG journey, our solutions are designed to help put ESG at the core of your operations.
- Develop and implement ESG growth strategies
- Design and review ESG frameworks, key performance indicators, policies, processes and reporting frameworks
- Build ESG capacity and engagements
- Develop and implement ESG and responsible investment strategies
- ESG impact funds transformation
- ESG project development
- Develop and review of green finance frameworks
- Conduct green options assessments (e.g. for green bonds and sustainability-linked loans)
- Conduct ESG due diligence and valuations
- ESG reporting and assurance
- Portfolio decarbonisation and target-setting
- Financed emissions measurements
- Transition financing
- Enhance robustness of disclosures to meet regulatory standards, including the Singapore Exchange’s sustainability reporting requirements and the Monetary Authority of Singapore’s Environmental Risk Management Guidelines
- Provide support in TCFD, Global Reporting Initiative, SASB, WEF, United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals reporting
- Facilitate ESG impact measurement and value creation
- Conduct internal audits and readiness reviews
- Provide external assurance (ISAE 3000)
- Green and sustainable bond and loan assurance against the International Capital Market Association’s Green Bond Principles, ASEAN Sustainability Bond Standards and Climate Bonds Initiative
- Conduct independent greenhouse gas verification, including for the National Environment Agency’s Emissions Report
ESG Banking Centre of Excellence (COE)
Environmental, social and governance (ESG) associated opportunities and risks are becoming more and more relevant for financial institutions. Not only do ESG considerations make sense for the environment, sustainable operations are linked with better economic performance. Banks are therefore concerned not only with their own ESG footprint, but also the ESG risks and opportunities they are subject to as a lender.
Within the real economy sectors in Singapore, challenges persist for businesses as they seek to navigate across the complex ESG landscape. Meanwhile, banks and the wider financial sector face ESG-linked roadblocks in their net zero journeys.
From accessing the relevant insights, scaling innovative solutions providers, facilitating training and incorporating digital ESG solutions, we support banks and the real economy sectors to cut through complexities by connecting them with the right solutions to address their ESG challenges.
The ESG Banking Centre of Excellence (COE) was established to connect banks with real economy sectors and to add value to banks’ decarbonisation efforts with a pointed focus on transition finance, carbon economics, and circular economy. It intends to facilitate a global response from Singapore as a global distributor of excellence through 4 core pillars:
An ecosystem of digital ESG solutions such as data platforms, digital processes or products that can be deployed modularly to help transform the banking Industry.
Research and insights
Research and analysis function providing insights that are readily consumable and targeted at ESG use cases for banking clients.
Capability and capacity building
An ESG training programme and content provider specialized in the finance sector.
An ESG Fintech business accelerator (scale box), targeting scale-up businesses who are looking to expand across Asia and other global financial centres.
More ESG insights
Connect with us
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia