Biljana has over 16 years of professional experience in the field of taxation. Her main responsibilities encompass establishing and maintaining client relationship and being responsible for quality of deliverables provided.
She joined KPMG Serbia in 2004 and has a significant experience in tax review, tax due diligence and tax advisory services. She also worked a few months in 2008 in KPMG Frankfurt in Indirect Tax department mainly on VAT issues.
In period from March 2002 – August 2004 Biljana worked as independent expert associate in the Tax Authority – Headquarters, Sector for Tax Procedures, Department for Control. Biljana’s duties were preparing of tax procedures (instructions, guidelines etc) for tax laws enforcement and tax inspections. She also worked on by-laws relating to personal income tax and mandatory social security insurance contributions. She was a member of the Project Team for the Introduction of the Value Added Tax, Project Team formed in 2003 based on the Decision of the Minister of Finance and Economy.
In period from May 1998 – February 2002 Biljana worked as professional associate for assessment of income tax and sales tax in the Tax Authority, Department for Assessment and Collection of Public Revenues Vozdovac-Beograd.
Biljana participated in the Ministry of Finance projects as a member of working groups for changes of tax laws.
In 2012 Biljana was a member of the Working Group for Tax Reform and Modernization of the Tax Authority, in charge for VAT Law, formed by the Ministry of Finance and Economy.
Biljana was a member of the Working Group for the Changes of the Personal Income Tax formed by the Ministry of Finance and Economy in 2013.
Her main activities include:
- Ongoing tax advisory – advising wide range of clients with respect to Serbian and Montenegrin direct and indirect tax implications of specific business ventures;
- Advisory re cross border tax restructuring and transactions/investments – advising on international tax implications of 1) inbound/outbound investments and 2) transactions to/from Serbia and Montenegro;
Buy and sell-side tax tax due diligence and M&A projects including pre- and post privatization tax optimization
- Tax reviews – Involved in review of clients tax compliance as well as review of processes related to tax compliance;
- Support in communication with Serbian/Montenegrin Authorities – preparing and submitting requests for Ministry of Finance and/or Tax Authority opinions. Involved in direct communication with local tax authorities;
- Tax advisory including corporate income tax, personal income tax regulations, incorporation services as well as corporate, foreign trade, foreign exchange and labor law advisory for various foreign clients in Serbia, Montenegro and the Republic of Srpska
- Working for the clients from wide range of industries: transportation, financial services, energy sector (oil and gas, renewable energy), real estate, automotive, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, FMCG, etc.
Biljana is fluent in English.
Bachelor of Economics (University of Belgrade, Serbia)
President of the Taxation Committee of the Foreign Investors Council
Founding member of the Serbian Fiscal Society (Serbian branch of International Fiscal Association)