Many organisations are obliged to obtain independent verification of financial and other information reported to regulators.
Many organisations are obliged to obtain independent verification of financial.
Many organisations are obliged to obtain independent verification of financial and other information reported to regulators. Others voluntarily seek independent verification to avoid factual errors and the risk of non-compliance.
Regulatory audits include but are not limited to financial statements audit. A major role of the auditor is to participate in the prudential supervision exercised by the regulatory bodies. Additional involvement may also be requested to answer specific needs.
Banks and other professionals of the financial sector
- Audit of financial statements as required by the law of April 5,1993
- Issuance of the Long Form report in accordance with the guidelines set forth in the circular 2001/27 or 2003/113 if applicable
- Specific reporting on particular issues or aspects of the activities and operations upon client’s and/or CSSF’s request
- Audit of financial statements in accordance with the law of December 20, 2002
- Issuance of the Long Form Report in accordance with the guidelines set forth in the CSSF Circular 2002/81
- Reporting to the Hong Kong Securities and Financial Commission (SFC)
- Information for Swiss investors
- Specific reporting requirements in other jurisdictions where the funds are distributed (e.g. Ireland, Singapore, Taiwan, etc)
- Statutory and contractual audits of Luxembourg PE funds
- Attestation services over reporting to investors
- Attestation services on carried interests and funds returns/performance
Insurance / reinsurance companies
- Audit of financial statements in accordance with the amended laws of December 6, 1991 and December 8, 1994
- Issuance of the special report in accordance with the requirements set forth in the circular letters issued by the CAA
Through the regular training delivered to our staff and our involvement in a number of industry events and various banking and regulatory bodies, we keep abreast of latest regulatory changes and best practices in the banking, funds and insurance/reinsurance industries.
How we can help
KPMG’s Audit practice assists clients fulfill a range of compliance obligations by conducting independent audits and reviews of financial information and other data. We help our clients identify incidences of non-compliance and increase confidence in the integrity of the information, systems and processes under review.
Additionally, we second professional compliance and regulatory staff resources to non-audit clients during critical time periods or to cover for staff shortages.
We provide relevant services for Luxembourg and other non-US companies, issuing and registering securities in the US, that are required to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
At KPMG we seek to build and preserve the trust, respect and confidence of our clients by providing clear, relevant and timely advice.
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia