IT has the task of supporting procedures and processes in church organisations and administrations. The role of IT relates in particular to support in the processing of procedures, the preparation of information and in decision-making.
Today, church activities are supported by IT in many places, and in the future, church activities will be even more permeated by IT than they are today.
What developments can be expected in the next few years?
- Members want to communicate with their church online, for example to apply for documents or to make appointments.
- Documentation requirements are currently growing strongly. IT should help to be able to prove church activities and to file them in a structured way.
- All documents (contracts, case files, personnel files, etc.) often have to be accessible to several people. Without a structured filing system, this cannot be guaranteed.
- Church employees expect their church employer to offer attractive workplaces and the use of modern, state-of-the-art procedures.
The developments described go hand in hand with many IT-supported processes and greater use of IT. In order to do justice to this, topics such as access protection, network and data security, procedural documentation, archiving, regularity or interface processing must be brought into focus. With regard to regulatory requirements, special attention must also be paid to church data protection. The risks arising from IT operations in these fields must be controlled and managed through technical and organisational measures.
In this way, risks in information technology become controllable, and the use of IT becomes target-oriented and cost-efficient. In this way you can use the opportunities of digitalisation for church organisations.
Establishing risk management is the basis for ensuring the security of important data
In order to ensure data protection, the establishment of a risk management system is key
Director, Consulting, Digital Compliance
KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia