Relocation to Cyprus: Personal Tax and immigration
29 June 2023 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. | 3 CPD | KPMG Nicosia
29 June 2023 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. | 3 CPD | KPMG Nicosia
Despite these turbulent times of multiple challenges that both organisations and individuals are called to face, Cyprus demonstrates resilience and stability. The recent developments in the areas of personal taxation and immigration are gradually materialising the Cyprus Government’s roadmap for attracting business and talent from abroad and thus they further enhance the existing favourable framework for Headquartering in Cyprus.
This is an informative and useful seminar with a practical approach, which aims to help participants become acquainted with the latest developments and available incentives in the sphere of personal taxation and immigration.
By the end of the seminar, participants will be able to:
- gain knowledge on the latest personal tax and immigration developments in Cyprus
- evaluate whereas Cyprus may indeed comprise a relocation choice for interested parties
- assess the impact of the available routes and incentives for relocation to Cyprus.
The seminar is suitable for:
- individuals considering Cyprus as a relocation destination for themselves, their family members as well as their businesses
- individuals who have already relocated to Cyprus
- accountants, tax advisors, immigration advisors, company administrators, compliance officers, payroll managers, human resources managers and other relevant professionals.
1. Introduction: Overview of the strategy of Cyprus Government for relocation of businesses and talent to Cyprus (10 min)
2. Tax aspects of relocating to Cyprus (1 hr)
- New tax incentives available to individuals for first employment in Cyprus as per the income tax legislation:
> New incentive as per Article 8(21A)
> New incentive as per Article 8(23A)
> Grandfathering provisions
> Examples and practical aspects
- Other available tax incentives
- Tax residency considerations and practical aspects
3. Relocation to Cyprus as a digital nomad: Immigration and tax perspective (20 min)
4. Social Insurance and National Health Insurance aspects (15 min)
5. Other important considerations for relocation to Cyprus (15 min)
6. Relocation to Cyprus as an employee of a Cyprus company: Immigration perspective (45 min)
- Business Facilitation Unit: Registration process and benefits
- Work permits for third-country national employees
- Family reunification process for family members of third-country national employees
- Immigration requirements for EU nationals
- Practical aspects
7. Questions and Answers (15 min)
Registration & Contact
If you wish to register for the seminar, please complete the registration form.
Once your registration is submitted, you will receive an email stating the participation fee, including any discounts, if applicable. Kindly note that the payment should be settled at least two days prior to the seminar’s date for your registration to be confirmed.
If you do not receive our confirmation e-mail regarding your registration, your participation cannot be guaranteed.
€140 + VAT
*Last Date for 10% Early Bird Discount: 15/6/2023
- For more than two (3+) participants from the same company a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for participants who enroll in the same seminar, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- For individuals/legal entities who/which register in more than two (3+) seminars during the same semester (January-June & July-December), a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for individuals/legal entities who/which enroll in more than two (3+) seminars during the same semester, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- There is a 10% discount for alumni members. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable. For more information on our alumni scheme, click here.
- There is a 10% early bird discount on selected seminars for participants who enroll in a training course until a specific date which is stated above. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- HRDA subsidy for all HRDA approved seminars.
For any queries, please contact us on +357 22 207 460 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This seminar may contribute to Continuing Professional Development requirements. At the end of the seminar participants will be given a certificate of attendance confirming the total number of training hours (3 CPD).
Board Member, International Tax, KPMG in Cyprus
Costas is a Southern Illinois University graduate, holding a Masters degree in Accountancy with a special concentration in International Taxation. He has been the recipient of two full academic scholarships and has graduated first in his class, at the College of Business Administration with a perfect score. Costas is a Certified Public Accountant and a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). He is also a member of the Cyprus Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAC) and a member of the Institute’s Tax Policy and Planning committee. Costas is also serving as an advisor to the Ministry of Finance on issues relating to double tax treaty negotiations and policy.
Costas is a specialist on International Taxation with more than 20 years of experience in the field. He is a regular speaker at various conferences that are being organised in Cyprus and abroad. He is the author of numerous Tax related articles that have been published in Cyprus and the US.
Senior Manager, Private Client and Global Mobility services, International Tax, KPMG in Cyprus
Savvas holds a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance and a Master’s degree in Strategic Planning and Investment from Newcastle University. He is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Cyprus (ICPAC).
He has vast expertise with Global Mobility Services (GMS) covering high-net-worth individuals by providing them advice in respect of their personal and family tax affairs. He is also specialising on immigration issues with regards to registration requirements and work permits.
Savvas is also responsible for advising local and multinational companies as well as individuals on local and European Social Insurance issues.
Assistant Manager, International Tax, KPMG in Cyprus
Ermis is a fellow Certified Chartered Accountant (FCCA), a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Cyprus (ICPAC) and he holds a Master’s degree from Old Dominion University in the US.
Ermis, who joined the Firm in the beginning of 2022, possesses diverse experience which was gained from different lines of services and industries.
He is actively involved in assisting clients in meeting their personal tax compliance requirements and he is also responsible for providing corporate advisory services to organisations with an international and local presence.