Data Management & Quality
21 & 22 October 2021 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. | 6 CPD
21 & 22 October 2021 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. | 6 CPD
Please note that this webinar is part of a training series “The journey to data-driven decision-making”. This webinar can be attended independently or as part of the whole training series. The additional webinars that are included in this series of trainings are:
- Becoming a Data Driven Organization: The journey to data-driven decision-making
- Enterprise Performance Management: The journey to data-driven decision-making
- Analytics Adoption: The journey to data-driven decision-making
Please note that since the daily numbers of COVID-19 cases in Cyprus are still considered high, KPMG Academy will keep offering its trainings online until further notice, to ensure the safety of its clients and personnel. In case of considerable decrease in COVID-19 cases in Cyprus and if the level of contamination through physical gatherings becomes relatively low, webinars will be converted to face-to-face seminars. If so, this training will be conducted on 21 October 2021 (from 8:30 to 15:30) instead of 21 & 22 October 2021 (from 9:00 to 12:15). Further information will be communicated to you in due course.
Businesses worldwide are investing billions in an effort to unlock data secrets and handle their enormous disruptive potential. Data Governance is a key component of this journey.
Ensuring that you can trust the data you base your decisions on, is a fundamental component of the process to become data-driven. Effective data governance leads to better insight from data, improved decision making and operations support.
During this value-adding training, the trainer, who is a Senior Manager with extensive knowledge and experience in her field, will share with the participants tools and concepts necessary for establishing data governance & quality processes within an organisation. In addition, she will cover all data governance and data quality frameworks, relevant considerations and important concepts.
By attending the webinar, participants will understand the need for establishing data governance/quality procedures within their organisation, as well as comprehend the necessary next steps to pursue.
By the end of the seminar, participants will:
- Recognise the subjects of data quality and governance
- Explain the framework for both data quality and governance and name the components of each
- Acknowledge the challenges and the ways to overcome them
- Define the concept of data governance and data quality
- Check their organisation’s data maturity by following important steps
- Implement steps towards establishing data quality and data governance rules within their organisations
- Demonstrate roles and responsibilities within data governance
- Appreciate the importance of data governance and quality during the journey to become data-driven
- Intend to participate in strategic discussions concerning data and management decision-making.
Company owners and managers, executives tasked with data management and analytics within organisations, chief data officers, CIOs, CEOs, chief operating officers, chief commercial officers and other related professionals.
*The number of participants is restricted to 28.
Join the webinar (8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.) *
Sessions (9:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. including a 15-min break between sessions)
1. Intro to what it is (30 min)
- What is Data Governance?
- Why is it important?
2. Data Governance Framework (1 hr & 30 min)
- Deep dive into data governance framework
o Objectives, goals, processes
o Possible organization models
o Developing Data Governance (DG) policy
o Roles & responsibilities – ownership & stewardship
o Data change management processes
3. Data Quality framework (1 hr)
- Deep dive into data quality framework
o Build Trust in data
o Key success factors
o Data Quality Target operating model
o Data Quality (DQ) process loop
o Coverage & Granularity
4. Enablement strategy (30 min)
- The 5 As (Awareness, Apprehension, Acceptance, Adoption, Anchoring): How data communities are established
- Data communities
5. Implementing Data Quality (1 hr & 30 min)
- Data dictionary
- Data quality rules
- Remediation Process
- Data management reporting & KQIs (Key Quality Indicators)
6. Challenges & use cases (30 min)
- Examination of use cases for companies which are data driven organizations in a number of industries including banking and insurance
7. Questions & answers (30 min)
Note: Please join the meeting 30 minutes prior to the webinar’s start time (join at 8:30 a.m.), in order to make sure that you do not face any connection or other technical issues.
If you wish to register for the webinar, please complete the registration form.
Once your registration is submitted, you will receive an email stating the participation fee, including any discounts, if applicable. Kindly note that the payment should be settled at least two days prior to the webinar’s date for your registration to be confirmed.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA. Enterprises participating with their employees who satisfy HRDA’s criteria, are entitled to subsidy. Please note that there are limited seats available, therefore enrol in this webinar as soon as possible.
If you do not receive our confirmation e-mail regarding your registration, your participation cannot be guaranteed.
€200+ VAT Net investment after subsidy from the HRDA of €102: €136 (including VAT) for all eligible participants*
*Last Date for 10% Early Bird Discount: 30/09/21
- For more than two (3+) participants from the same company a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for participants who enrol in the same webinar, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- For individuals/legal entities who/which register in more than two (3+) webinars during the same semester (January-June & July-December), a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for individuals/legal entities who/which enrol in more than two (3+) webinars during the same semester, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- There is a 10% discount for alumni members. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable. For more information on our alumni scheme, click here.
- There is a 10% early bird discount on selected webinars for participants who enrol in a training course until a specific date which is stated above. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- This training belongs to a bundle, other trainings in this bundle are the following, “Enterprise Performance Management: The journey to data-driven decision-making”, “Analytics Adoption: The journey to data-driven decision-making” and “Becoming a Data Driven Organization: The journey to data-driven decision-making”. There is a 10% discount on the registration fees of the webinar with the highest price (“Analytics Adoption: The journey to data-driven decision-making”) for individuals/legal entities who/which register the same participant(s) for all the trainings of the bundle within the same day. Kindly note that this discount applies if the same participant(s), attend(s) all trainings. If a legal entity wants to buy the same bundle for additional participants then the specific bundle can be bought more than once, and each participant will be entitled to the discount of the specific bundle. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- HRDA subsidy for all HRDA approved webinars.
For any queries, please contact Irini Avraam on +357 22 207 460 or at email@example.com
CPD: This seminar may contribute to Continuing Professional Development requirements. At the end of the seminar participants will be given a certificate of attendance confirming the total number of training hours (6 CPD).
Senior Manager, Management Consulting, KPMG in Cyprus
Vanja is a Senior Manager leading the Data & Analytics service line, IT Advisory of KPMG in Cyprus. She holds a BBA (Finance and Investments) from Baruch College, City University of New York and an MSc in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics from CIIM. Since she joined KPMG in 2018, Vanja participated, amongst other, in Data Analytics projects in the finance, insurance, aviation, consumer products, oil & gas, shipping industries etc. She is responsible for delivering advanced analytics and business intelligence solutions to companies in Cyprus, the CIS region and Africa.
Vanja has extensive prior experience in the field of finance and investments, having worked in Private Wealth Management with Goldman Sachs & Co. in New York. She also possesses broad experience in structuring and originating debt instruments in the emerging markets, as well as in sales and marketing of financial products in Europe and New York. Her prior experience also includes production management liaising with counterparts in Asia and the Middle East to ensure quality delivery and execution of products.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA. Enterprises participating with their employees who satisfy HRDA’s criteria, are entitled to subsidy.