We assist healthcare organizations that are confronted with new and fast-paced challenges to ensure that current systems are designed as efficient as possible by providing our expertise to guarantee long-term productiveness and profitability.
Healthcare providers are counting on developing innovative business models, becoming more cost efficient and thinking critically about new delivery systems, all while staying agile with industry trends and developments.
KPMG has specialized in healthcare topics over an extensive period. Our advisors are accomplished experts with in-depth experience who understand the healthcare environment and challenges up close.
KPMG House of Services
Our assistance is pragmatic and target-oriented, focusing on the following four areas:
Swiss healthcare institutions are being subjected to intensifying competition. Creating meaningful fundamental information bases and a target-oriented financial leadership is extremely important for the long-term success of healthcare institutions.
Healthcare organizations are facing multiple challenges, which must be managed on both the cost and revenue side. We support you with tried-and-tested procedures to identify your own potential for cost and revenue optimization.
- Results improvement programs
- Benchmarking-based cost optimization
- Growth-oriented increase in earnings
- Process optimization
Strategy & Transformation
Topics such as demography, an increase in outpatient treatments, and integrated care are increasing the strain on healthcare institutions even further. Healthcare managers are under pressure to find adequate and long-term solutions.
- Health policy planning
- Hospital strategy & management structures
- Hospital transformation
- Integrated care
- Real estate management
- Governance & compliance management
Digital & Technology Transformation
The growing digitalization in healthcare can be a challenge to traditional business models. It will require the adjustment of processes, patient communication and organization as well as strategies to meet the latest technological requirements.
- Analysis & optimization of IT architecture
- ERP transformation and applications
- Cyber security checks
- Big data analysis
- Electronic patient records & certification
- Health platforms
REKOLE® as accounting standard of hospitals
The Swiss-wide recognized cost accounting standard, REKOLE®, assures that statements on causes can be made at the level of cost centers and that cost units are comparable in order to serve as a management and decision-making tool. We offer coaching, certification, and internal audits for REKOLE®.
- Determination of the status of your cost accounting and financial management
- Alignment of the KORE according to the hospital standard and future-oriented expansion to flexible standard or process cost accounting
- Certification of REKOLE® cost accounting according to H+ rules and recertification after four years
- Organization and execution of the annual internal REKOLE® audits after receiving the certificate
Clarity on Healthcare 2022
Read our newest Clarity on Healthcare below
Integrated care models take center stage
Creating a network of organizations along all the service areas in today's health care system is key to ensuring an effective, expedient and an economical care for patients going forward.
In order to bring organizations and healthcare professionals together along the care pathway, integrated care models are taking center stage with the objective of ensuring a more efficient and higher-quality care.
Using three examples, the article shows how structures and processes can be put in place to sustainably improve the care and treatment quality while maintaining stable costs.
Interview: Lorenz Hess
Visana, Swiss Medical Network and the Canton of Bern are joining forces to create Switzerland's first integrated healthcare organization. Lorenz Hess, Chairman of Visana, talks to KPMG about the motivation, expectations and challenges of this lighthouse project.
> Read the interview (in German)
Interview: Joachim Eder
Read about our interview with Joachim Eder, President of economisuisse’s Health Policy Commission, conducted by Marc André Giger and Marc Bodenmann.
It gives you an insight into the developments in the Swiss healthcare system including the current state of healthcare policy and the initiatives that are currently causing concern in the industry.
Also, Joachim Eder speaks about the challenges of integrated care and which actions are called for due to spiraling costs and patient demands.
Survey: Workforce in healthcare
There is probably not a single healthcare organization that does not struggle with how to attract skilled professionals. This is confirmed by our recent survey among CEOs of healthcare providers in Switzerland.
Those surveyed deem governance and corporate culture to be the topics with the highest potential. Yet, many initiatives today still aim at optimizing recruiting. Have a look at the survey results.
- Leading healthcare professionals passionately: the importance of a functioning triage in the hospital (in German)
- Connected Health: Eight essential competencies for better connectivity (in German)
- Connected Health: Eight essential competencies for better connectivity (in French)
- Cooperation creates added value: integrated care is demonstrably worthwhile (in German)
- Agility as a success factor - the healthcare of tomorrow (in German)
- Digital age: hospital landscape in transition: integrated care should focus on patient benefits (in German)
- Digitization: Where is the potential for healthcare? (in German)
- The new reality: Our 24-hour society demands new offerings (in German)
Your key contacts
Did you find an answer to your question on our website? We are happy to support you with your next challenge and are available to you as a sparring partner without obligation.
We look forward to hearing from you.