Alicia is an associate in the Toronto office of KPMG Law LLP. Alicia joined the Indirect Tax group at KPMG in 2013. After starting her career with KPMG Alicia spent some time in the tax group of a leading national law firm, before returning to KPMG in 2018. Alicia’s practice focuses on indirect tax, with a particular emphasis on financial services.
Alicia has advised clients on a wide variety of planning matters related to GST/HST, QST and PST. Alicia is also experienced in providing dispute resolution services to her clients dealing with Canada Revenue Agency audits and objections, as well as appeals to the Tax Court of Canada. Alicia’s main areas of focus are in providing assistance to those in the financial services and gaming industries.
Key engagements include:
- Assisting investment plans, including investment limited partnerships, in determining and streamlining their GST/HST obligations;
- Successfully managing Canada Revenue Agency GST/HST audit responses for a number clients so as to avoid reassessments;
- Advising on the application of GST/HST to a variety of financial products;
- Assisting clients with the formation and reorganization of complex medical practices; and
- Advising on complex reorganizations.
Bachelor of Journalism, Carleton University
Juris Doctorate, University of Windsor
CPA GST/HST In-Depth Course
KPMG Global Indirect Tax Services Financial Services Course
Member, Law Society of Ontario