In today’s challenging world, asset intensive organizations are constantly obliged to report on their way of working assuring stakeholders of the organizations’ potential to continuously create value (financial as well as non-financial) and to maintain their business sustainable and innovative.
Asset intensive organizations are faced with questions on they manage their assets and asset management processes. For example: is asset management delivering value to the purpose, strategic objectives, stakeholder requirements (e.g. ESG) of the organization? Does your organization take total asset life into consideration when developing your asset management plans? To this end, organizations worldwide are turning to ISO 55001 as a framework for managing their physical assets and to seek independent assurance against it.
How ISO 55001 can benefit your organization
- Your ISO 55001 certificate will increase your stakeholders’ confidence in your organization’s ability to manage your assets according to worldwide accepted best practices. You will demonstrate that your organization is striving to optimize your asset decision-making process balancing risk, costs and performance.
- Your organization can use the ISO 55001 certificate as a differentiator with competitors when applying for new clients and new business opportunities.
- With this certificate, your organization will assure your public authorities and regulators about being in control of your assets, including adherence to legal and sustainability requirements.
- By working with our expert team, your organization has a unique opportunity to obtain valuable insights in asset management within different sectors and industries.
How we can help
- Pre-audit assessment: gain an independent and objective view on your asset management system before starting the full ISO 55001 certification process.
- ISO 55001 certifications: an audit of your current asset management system and regular surveillance audits over the coming three years. These audits are supported by a tailor-made IT system for effective and efficient audits over a full audit cycle.
- Training and awareness: increase your knowledge on asset management systems compliant with ISO 55001 requirements to help your organization stay prepared for certification audit cycles.
- Harmonized assurance: save time and reduce costs when our team applies a single audit principle (e.g. in case you are already certified for one or more other ISO management system standards) and to take a harmonized assurance approach, such as ISAE 3402, management review, financial audit on fixed assets.
Credentials – we’ve done this before
Accredited Certification Body
The Institute of Asset Management has granted us with the title of “Endorsed Assessor for PAS 55 and ISO 55001”. Currently, we are in the final stage of obtaining the Accredited Certification Body.
Knowledgeable and competent audit team
Our team has profound knowledge and proven experience in (physical) asset management. Our team members are qualified auditors with multifunctional backgrounds (such as engineers, financial auditors, business analysts, …) evidenced by their Institute of Asset Management certificate, by their financial and technical audit background and by their experience in designing and implementing an asset management system.
Broad sector knowledge
We have gained asset management experience in utilities, telecom, public and private companies and various industries. Our people are active in chemical companies, manufacturers, pharmaceutical concerns, organizations in maritime and transportation sector.
Respect and commitment
Our corporate values include respect for each individual and commitment to our clients. We work together with our clients and we value constructive communication. We are independent and objective towards our clients and we are committed to deliver a value-added audit and to respect everyone’s opinion while maintaining our professional judgement.
KPMG has a well-established global network of over 174.000 professionals in 155 countries. We have regional teams who assist in our certification services, who can answer to specific local needs and requirements.