Risk Management careers
Careers for graduates: support our client facing teams to provide services in a risk aware manner.
Careers for grads: support client facing teams to provide services in a risk aware manner.
In a nutshell, what does your business group/service line do?
Risk Management is an internal function within KPMG that is focused on supporting the client facing parts of the Firm to provide services in a risk aware manner. In conducting our business and advising our clients, as a Firm, we are impacted by regulatory requirements, professional standards and KPMG International global policies. Meeting these obligations and protecting KPMG from possible loss or damage are part of effective risk management, which assists KPMG enhance, foster, analyse opportunities within the market, help to improve its competitiveness and enhancing its reputation. Digital technologies are also essential elements in KPMG’s growth strategy, either to support the delivery of KPMG’s services, or as products that we license or sell to clients.
What does the average day look like?
The average day for a team member in Risk Management is varied. Our risk management and interactions are constantly evolving in line with the new solutions and services that we offer to our clients. Your days could include engaging with client facing staff to understand their service delivery problems and to workshop solutions, to collaborating across Risk Management in order to develop integrated mitigations to emerging risks. There’s always something new and exciting to do, but what remains constant is: the high calibre of the people you work with, and their desire to support you to achieve your best at KPMG.
What will I learn in the first year?
In your first year you will be exposed to the breadth of Risk Management within KPMG, including:
- identifying and managing engagement specific risks in accordance with KPMG’s risk appetite (e.g. complex engagement structures, conflict management, high profile/confidential engagements, use of technology platforms/solutions)
- supporting commercial and contractual negotiations with KPMG clients and other third parties
- reviewing and assisting with the deployment of new products and services (with a significant technology focus)
- developing best practice policy and training
- coordinating and executing global quality and compliance review programs in order to ensure compliance with KPMG’s risk management policies and procedures.
What’s the best part of the role?
The best part of working with Risk Management, as well as KPMG more broadly, is the range of different experiences that you’ll have in such a short period of time. This role is an opportunity to work on complex service delivery, contractual and reputational matters with senior KPMG stakeholders, at one of the world’s leading professional services firms.