The regulation around pension scheme funding is changing, putting greater onus on corporates to engage with scheme trustees, fund deficits more quickly and provide mitigation where a scheme’s employer covenant is negatively impacted by corporate activity.
We are at the forefront of the market, advising scheme trustees and corporates across the full range of situations from regular triennial covenant reviews and ongoing monitoring through to assisting negotiations and implementing complex transactions and restructurings.
We have significant experience across a range of sectors and work with all sizes of schemes and businesses.
We deal with a wide range of stakeholders, including employers, trustees, shareholders (UK and overseas), the Pensions Regulator, the Pension Protection Fund, providers of finance and the main pension advisory firms.
What we do
- Employer Covenant Reviews - Evidenced and proportionate assessments of the financial strength of sponsoring employers in support of triennial valuations and ongoing monitoring, for both trustees and sponsors.
- Transaction Reviews and “Type A” events - Corporates and trustees are required to assess whether corporate activity results in detriment to the employer covenant, and to negotiate “appropriate mitigation”.
- Distressed Solutions - When a business faces financial stress or distress, corporates and trustees need to carefully consider the options available to protect members and the business.
Our Senior Team
Our Full National Pensions Advisory Team
We're extremely proud of the deep specialism we've developed in pensions advisory within KPMG Restructuring. We have a large number of pensions experts across the country who are ready to support you. To find out more, see our full senior team here.
See below for our other Pension’s capabilities:
- Scheme assurance – Pension scheme audit and assurance services to UK schemes
- Internal audit – fully outsourced internal audit function and supporting in-house audit teams
- Corporate tax - tax advisory services to UK pension schemes in respect to all direct tax issues
- VAT - indirect tax advisory and indirect tax compliance services either directly to pension schemes or to their sponsoring employers