KPMG Law has a team of experienced M&A specialists based in Central Asia and South Caucasus region. This team regularly advises domestic and foreign clients from all industrial sectors on M&A transactions. We have access to a worldwide network of experts that ensures identification of trends in the international M&A market. Our M&A lawyers admitted to New York Bar and English law qualified.
We can help you to:
- Prepare for the purchase or sale of a business on sell-side of buy-side
- Advertise the asset and secure the best offer
- Structure, negotiate and ensure completion of the transaction
- Restructure or integrate business pre- or post-merger
- Secure regulatory approvals
- Co-ordinate a difficult shareholder dynamic
- Incentivize your management team in transactional setting.
We work as a stand-alone legal service or as part of a multi-disciplinary integrated financial, technical and tax team. Our clients can also benefit from integrated advice of KPMG’s financial experts, operational efficiency, ESG and other specialized advisorsOur range of services includes public and private M&A, joint ventures, carve-outs, distressed M&A/reorganizations, squeeze-outs and restructurings.
In the last years Uzbekistan faces systemic reforms on creation of favorable investment climate, protection of rights and lawful interests of private property owners. The state attracts foreign investments in privatization proceedings, numerous opportunities are created for a private capital's participation in the reforms. The government annually enacts privatization programs covering large state entities. Investors may now benefit from the opportunity to acquire state assets with installment payments, using the property they acquire as a collateral in getting a loan from financial institutions.
KPMG Law has extensive expertise in advising foreign investors in M&A transactions and Uzbekistan market entry. We prepare corporate documentation to ensure desired leverage of the powers and risks between various investors.
Our recent projects include:
- Legal support on the vendor's side during privatization of companies in oil & gas industry, alcohol & soft drinks producers, and hotels
- Buy-side due diligence for foreign and local investors before acquiring shares in various entities, including large holding company (telecommunications) in the CIS, manufacturers of steel products, ceramics, beverages, pharmaceutical units, chemical fertilizers
- Full legal support on the buyer's side in acquisition of shares in companies in telecommunications, production of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Issuing legal opinions on investors' concerns regarding peculiarities of transactions and risks
- Participation in negotiations between parties to align terms of agreements with the local legislation.
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia