KPMG provides services related to developing sustainability management systems, elaborating sustainability strategies, improving stakeholder engagement methods, and developing local communities.
Companies today face changes in the economic, environmental, and social spheres, which may be a source of both new risks and opportunities. Typically, companies respond individually to changes and do not form a long-term strategy.
A sustainability management system and strategy allows a company to establish organizational priorities, regularly assess and improve non-financial risk management activities, and prepare reports. This results in reduced costs, increased operational efficiency, and strengthened relations with key stakeholders.
The elaboration of a sustainability strategy comprises the following steps:
- analysis of the social, environmental, and economic aspects of the company’s impacts
- predicting economic, socio-demographic, and environmental trends
- identifying risks and opportunities
- elaborating measures to manage the company’s impacts, mitigating risks and realising opportunities
Our work to assess, elaborate, and implement sustainability management systems also comprises stakeholder engagement aspects:
- evaluating the maturity level of the sustainability management system
- developing business processes and corporate documents necessary for the effective functioning of the sustainability management system
- developing KPIs and the reports' submission procedure
Recent publications and research
Typically trendsetters, technology companies are still striving to develop carbon-reduction plans.
Trendsetters, technology companies are still striving to develop carbon-reduction plans.