KPMG in Ukraine took part in the clean-up event "Let’s do it Ukraine!" on 28 April 2012
KPMG in Ukraine took part in the clean-up event "...
KPMG in Ukraine is a partner of "Let’s do it Ukraine!". On 28 April 2012 our team took part in the the clean-up event "Let’s do it Ukraine!" in Kyiv, Lviv and Donetsk.
KPMG in Ukraine cares of the environment:
- We launched the Green Office programme in KPMG in Ukraine.
- We support environmental projects, planting trees, environmental activities for business and media and the "Earth Hour".
Key steps within the frame of the Green Office programme:
- Conducting meetings virtually as an alternative to travel
- Eliminating bottled water from conference centers
- Promoting the use of stairs instead of elevators and escalators to curb energy use and get in shape as an added bonus
- Turning off desk and office lights when leaving the office or conference rooms
- Powering down PCs and monitors when away from one's desk
- Implementing power-saving settings on all computers
- Scanning documents to a portable document format (PDF) to share electronically
- Printing double-sided whenever possible
- Donating used cell phones to various charitable organizations
- Using coffee mugs and water bottles instead of disposable cups
- Promoting the use of rechargeable batteries
- Collecting used office supplies (e.g., binders, pens, notepads, etc.) and redistributing
- Collecting used batteries for proper disposal
- Using designated recycle bins for copy paper, newspapers, magazines, plastic bottles, aluminum cans, and glass
- Recycling used toner cartridges.
If you nay questions on environmental awareness campaigns or best green practices, please contact Alina Sevastyuk, Chief Operating Officer of the Markets Department, KPMG in Ukraine.
KPMG has been working in Ukraine since 1992 and provides audit, tax, accounting and advisory services to local and international businesses. In Ukraine KPMG’s offices are in Kyiv, Donetsk and Lviv. Supporting the global project KPMG's Global Green Initiative, we have reduced carbon emissions by KPMG worldwide by 29% since 2007.