Updated on 20 April 2021
Dear Valued Clients and Business Associates,
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, our Firm has taken steps to protect the wellbeing of our people and the clients and stakeholders we work with. We are also acting in accordance with the relevant guidance, regulations and policies. We wish to assure you that KPMG is committed to fulfilling our client-service obligations and will continue to play our part to help mitigate contagion risks of COVID-19 in the community.
What have we done to help mitigate contagion risks?
To date, the following measures are in place to protect the wellbeing of our people and the stakeholders/clients we work with:
- We have implemented a policy to allow staff to work from home when appropriate to reduce contagion risks in our office environment.
- All KPMG personnel have access to online technology and software for conducting business meetings, internal discussions and training classes which allows them to limit face-to-face and on-premise meetings to those that are essential.
- We want to assure you that we will work hard to continue to provide you with undisrupted service, while also adhering to the strictest standards of confidentiality and data protection.
- We have introduced a Self Declaration survey for KPMG personnel and all visitors coming to the KPMG office. There is a "14 days clear" period required for personnel who have visited an area of widespread transmission of COVID-19 cases or if any of them has been in direct contact with a COVID-19 infected person. Otherwise, they are not allowed access into KPMG's office.
- We conduct temperature checking of all personnel and visitors entering the KPMG office. In the case of fever, personnel are asked to seek medical advice immediately and are not permitted to enter the KPMG office.
- In cases where our staff test positive for COVID-19, we will notify clients that have been in contact with the member of staff and identify KPMG staff who are at risk from this situation and they will take appropriate action.
- We will advise the authorities and close our office and conduct a deep cleaning if one of our KPMG staff has been in the office during a time when they were potentially infected with COVID-19.
- We advise staff who may have visited areas where COVID-19 outbreaks have been publicized to self-quarantine and monitor their symptoms. If symptoms arise, they are advised to immediately contact health authorities.
- Heightened awareness/continuous reminders are provided to all KPMG personnel on upkeeping personal hygiene, use of face masks when required and installation of hand sanitizer stations at all entry/exit points at KPMG's office in Thailand. We conduct daily cleaning and increased the potency of disinfectants used to disinfect the office work areas.
- To avoid the gathering of large-scale crowds all KPMG events and seminars will be conducted virtually.
We continue to monitor the development of the situation and adhere strictly to relevant guidance, regulations and policies.
How you can help us play a role?
Our priority is to limit the impact of the current situation on our client serving abilities and for all KPMG personnel to deliver timely on their engagements, whilst complying with all the relevant guidance, regulations and policies.
We kindly ask that you immediately inform us should there be any suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases reported in your organization. This will enable us to deploy the necessary measures in the event we find any KPMG personnel who came into close contact with the infected person. For these purposes, kindly communicate with your KPMG Engagement Partner or email us at email@example.com.
We trust that you will join KPMG in helping to mitigate the contagion risks, thereby enabling us to collectively protect the safety and wellbeing of our people. You can keep updated with KPMG safety measures from our website, home.kpmg/th.
Thank you for your attention and cooperation.
Chief Executive Officer, KPMG in Thailand, Myanmar and Laos
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia