Venture Pulse – Q2’17 Global analysis of venture funding
Venture Pulse: Q2’17 Global analysis of venture funding
Quarterly global report on VC trends published by KPMG Enterprise.
KPMG Enterprise’s Global Network for Innovative Startups launched the Q2’17 edition of the Venture Pulse Report. The report analyses the latest global trends in venture capital investment data and provides insights from both a global and regional perspective. This edition of the quarterly series provides in-depth analysis on venture capital investments across North America, EMA and ASPAC and will cover a range of issues such as financing and deal sizes, unicorns, industry highlights and corporate investment.
Worldwide VC investment volume slid again by just over 7% between Q1 and Q2 2017. However, thanks to a surge of mega-rounds, the quarter-over-quarter increase in total venture capital invested was a staggering 55.3%. US Initial Public Offering (IPO) activity continued to make a turnaround during the quarter, with a number of technology companies achieving successful exits. In tandem with solid merger and acquisition (M&A) activity, this renewal is a positive sign for the market.
This edition of the report seeks to answer a number of key questions, including:
- The pickup in megadeals activity across the globe
- The ongoing decline in deals activity, specifically at the seed and early stage deal levels
- The drivers behind advancements in autotech
- The growing focus on business to business (B2B) opportunities.
See full report for details.
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia