Audit Innovation (Data Specialist, Data Management)
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Rank: All Ranks
The Audit Innovation team sits within the Audit function and is a facility that brings together data, analytics, and intelligent automation specialists to provide a capability that allows internal and external customers to commission one-off pieces of analytics work, proofs of concept or ongoing data oriented managed services. It represents a critical component to Audit Innovation and Quality; and is where much of the innovative early thinking takes place on data driven and intelligent automation projects. The successful candidate will perform a role comprised of two focus areas, client delivery and development.
The team members’ role is to understand the full spectrum of data feature retrieval, selection, and engineering; model technique selection and integration; interpretation of outputs; and development of recommendations. They are able to identify commonalities across seemingly disparate analytics use cases, in order to identify unique ways of approaching modelling.
They generally work on implementing complex big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analysing, and visualising large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple skillsets. These include code development and deployment, supporting data processing pipelines; data mining/science algorithms; and visualisation engineering.
The work is highly varied, and the successful candidates will have the opportunity to enhance and take their skills to the next level by gaining strong consulting and business experience whilst developing their ability to manage work streams, projects, and budgets.
Roles and responsibilities
- Working in project teams to perform key steps in the data analysis process, specifically data management process
- Support build of big data environments that enable analytics solutions on a variety of big data platforms including cloud as required by the client, and create robust documentation of solutions, architecture, automation workflows, and operation procedures
- Demonstrated ETL solution design and build expertise, work stream management skills, and business consulting acumen
- Using data analytics tools and techniques to identify patterns, extract outliers, and perform analyses to address client problems
- Contribute to written deliverables and reporting of outcomes to clients
- Optimising the existing process to improve efficiency and quality of the deliverables
- Working in project teams to develop data analytics solutions and data-driven technology assets for Audit engagement team and external clients
- Developing, testing, and validating data solutions features, following development best practices and architecture guidelines
- Developing competence in a broad range of technologies and frameworks for managing all aspects of the data lifecycle
- Undertaking technical training to acquire and demonstrate expertise in data analysis and design and build of solutions
- Keeping abreast of developments across the data and analytics landscape, with the desire to translate cutting-edge techniques and technologies into our project outputs
- Overseeing an engagement/project – ensure quality of the deliverables and assist less experienced colleague
- Understanding business knowledge process including Sales, Purchase, Inventory and Accounting
- Contribute to engagement planning, executing and delivery
- Build and maintain professional relationships both internally and externally
- Utilizing obtained skillset to complete the assigned task/assignment in an efficient and effective manner
- Self-motivated and seeking to gain new knowledge of the business
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or foreign equivalent in engineering, computer science or other quantitative disciplines like statistics, math, or others plus relevant programming experience.
- This role will utilise the candidate’s data management and advanced analytics skills. A core competency of technical skills and the ability to quickly develop expertise is essential.
- Candidates should have experience with data analytics and/or programming, including some, or all, of the following:
- Database skills - designing and querying relational databases such as Oracle DB, Microsoft SQL Server, etc. Experience in Database Administration is a plus.
- Data manipulation skills - manipulating and cleansing data on a large scale with consideration in fulfilling standards and objectives. This includes ETL and SQL development. Experience in data mart or data warehouse is a plus.
- Programming skills - one or more programming language, e.g. R, Python, C#, Java, VBA
- Communication skills - Written and verbal skills, and the ability to explain technical analysis to a non-technical audience is essential
- A desire to understand business problems and to evaluate the results in a business context
- High degree of personal motivation, ability to self-manage whilst being professional and personable
- Experience of solving issues and dealing with the uncertainty that can arise in project situations, including having a problem solving and can-do attitude
- Proficiency in spoken and written Thai and English