Deal Advisory - Transaction Services
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Rank: All levels
The Transaction Services team is part of Deal Advisory team of KPMG Thailand. Along with Corporate Finance, M&A, Restructuring and Deal Strategy teams, the group brings a multi-faceted approach to companies seeking mergers and acquisitions or divestment of operations. The TS team focuses on due diligence assistance to support clients making acquisitions, disposals, public bids/mergers, joint ventures, buy-outs, market entry, financing and other transactions and can help clients maximize their transaction opportunities throughout the deal and throughout the economic cycle.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to lead/manage/participate in buy-side and sell-side transaction advisory engagements, providing financial due diligence, divestiture support and post deal assistance to major corporate, MNC and private equity clients.
- Analyse Target company data to identify historical financial trends, quality of earnings and working capital considerations and potential liabilities and risks which may impact valuation of the target company.
- Create and design tailored transaction advisory reports specific to key issues such as normalized earnings, valuation model input assumptions, achievability of management's budget, and indebtedness considerations
- Help our clients to understand the key drivers of the target company’s business, key risks and potential value upside, and help them to make an informed investment decision
- Understand the key drivers of a business’s success or failure, including products, markets, channels, and cost base
- Execute projects including performing fieldwork, interfacing with senior executives of clients and target companies, drafting high quality reports to clients etc.
- Coordinate with clients, targets and other advisors on due diligence activities including the review of transaction documentation
- Perform client and industry research and prepare materials to support our pitches and proposals to clients.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of risk management practices and processes.
- Experience of working in Transaction Services on Financial Due Diligence and/or Audit & Assurance with global accounting firms
- 1-3 years required for Junior – Senior Associate
- 4-6 years required for Assistant Manager
- 6 years up required for Manager
- Solid understanding of M&A processes
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Thai.
- Strong communication and presentation capability
- Ability to thrive in an international environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management and manage engagement teams and client deliverables, applying your professional and technical skills on a wide variety of transactions.