Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Rank: All levels
KPMG Thailand is seeking to develop and grow our insurance advisory business line. We have a small team of actuarial consultants performing a number of assignments across advisory and assurance, supported by our regional actuarial team in APAC. We provide actuarial services in practice areas across life insurance, general insurance, and pensions. The actuarial team is an integrated part of the wider Financial Services Advisory practice, which comprises (approximately) 100+ local and expatriate professionals, including Actuarial, Finance, Risk Management, and Business Transformation professionals. Our client base includes major global insurers as well as large local firms.
- You will provide support to the team on advisory projects across insurance and banking sectors; such as Risk Based Capital (RBC) framework/model reviews, IFRS 17 implementations, actuarial due diligence, actuarial valuations, and business strategy reviews.
- You will provide support in actuarial involvement in audit of insurance financial statements.
- You will tend to be involved in 2-3 client projects at any one time. You will be involved in regular project meetings which will help you to understand the overall project and where your work fits in, as well as providing a space for you to report your progress and raise issues.
- Open to new graduates or experienced hires.
- Strong academic background in actuarial science, finance, statistics, economics, mathematics or other related studies.
- Actuarial passes (IFoA, SOA, IAA, etc.) valued, but not necessary at this stage.
- More important is self-motivation to deliver high-quality work and expand existing skillset, including a willingness to build an understanding of insurance and banking products, and regulatory developments affecting the insurance and banking industries in Thailand and regionally, as well as to develop programming and IT skills (e.g. R/Python).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Thai.