Boards and individual directors have a critical role to play in the governance, risk and strategy oversight of their organization. As business and societal expectations evolve, boards must be able to navigate these challenges and opportunities to ensure growth of their business in a sustainable manner. This involves juggling the needs of multiple stakeholders in an increasingly interconnected world.
For boards to operate effectively, they must be fully cognizant of their collective and individual responsibilities and demonstrate the ability to make informed decisions –underpinned by an understanding of the key issues impacting their business strategy. Their efficiency can be further solidified through the implementation of robust governance frameworks.
KPMG’s Board Advisory Services team comprises governance specialists who can assist you and your board to:
- Undertake board and board committee evaluations that identify areas of strength and weakness in skills, behaviors, board meeting effectiveness, board reporting, board composition, stakeholder engagement, risk and strategy
- Benchmark and improve current governance as well as remuneration frameworks against generally accepted practices locally and abroad
- Assist with the development of board support tools including board documents, policies and processes that underpin a robust governance framework aligned with regulatory requirements and better practices
- Facilitate the conduct of general meetings
- Undertake tailored capacity-building programs for boards through training on topics relating to governance, risk management and internal controls