Social Return on Investment (SRoI) is a framework for measuring and accounting for value creation. SRoI and social valuations method measures the changes in a way that they are relevant to organisations that experience or contribute to it. It tells the story of how change is being created by measuring social, environmental, and economic outcomes and uses monetary values to represent them. It helps organisations in evaluating impacts of past projects, estimating impacts for proposed projects, redefining investment strategy, strengthen management and monitoring systems, improve programme designs and develop communication with stakeholders.
SRoI helps in facilitating strategic discussions and helping organisations to understand and maximise the social value an activity creates. It also assists in involving the stakeholders who matter the most, enhance communication and gain a competitive advantage, among others. Above all, it enables in identifying common grounds between what an organisation wants to achieve and what its stakeholders want to achieve, helping to maximise social value.
In the light of the mandate for impact assessment as part of Companies Act, Sec 135, increased demand to unlock full potential (impact) of social investments, and need for improving efficiency and effectiveness of programmes, there is higher demand for professionals to deliver these requirements. Similarly, with the launch of Social Stock Exchange, methodologies such as SRoI that can help compare different thematic programs implemented in different geographies are highly sought after. Thus, KPMG in India is conducting the SRoI trainings. We are pleased to invite you to participate in this upcoming training course.
Key takeaways of this course
- Develop an in-depth understanding on the SROI and social valuations
- Hands-on experience on impact map development
- Content on stakeholder engagement.
Who should attend?
- CSOs, CSR heads, finance heads and strategic planners
- Analysts, programme managers, consultants and social auditors
- Personnel in ESG and development sector
- NGOs and social enterprises
- Graduates/ Post-graduates with an interest in impact reporting.
Training location and dates
14 – 15 June 2023 in Mumbai
20 – 21 July 2023 in Delhi
23 – 24 August 2023 in Bengaluru
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia