KPMG was crowned the Asia-Pacific Tax Firm of the Year at the International Tax Review Asia-Pacific Tax Awards 2022, garnering widespread regional and national recognition, having also received a total of 21 awards. These included region-wide awards for Tax Transactions, Tax Policy and Tax Technology Firm of the Year as well as the esteemed Tax Practice Leader of the Year award, for John Timpany, Head of Tax in Hong Kong, KPMG China. These accolades are a strong recognition of KPMG’s extensive expertise and outstanding leadership of tax in the region.
Notable achievements in tax disputes helped KPMG firms to be cited as Tax Disputes Firm of the Year in Singapore, Hong Kong SAR and Taiwan. KPMG firms were also recognized for their Transfer Pricing work in India, Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam.
The ITR Asia-Pacific Tax Awards 2022 Impact Deals of the Year category also recognized three projects by KPMG firms, which required highly sophisticated advice to steer through the complex demands of high-profile cross-border transactions.
Lewis Lu, Head of Tax & Legal for KPMG Asia Pacific and KPMG China shared, “ITR’s recognition of KPMG as the Asia-Pacific Tax Firm of the Year speaks volumes of the trust and confidence our clients have in us, and of the quality of advice we provide. Our emphasis and investment in innovative solutions and technology have benefited our clients and provided exciting opportunities and growth for our people.”
Rajeev Dimri, National Head of Tax, KPMG in India said, ‘We are delighted with the recognition KPMG in India’s tax practice has received, and this award exemplifies the hard work and endurance KPMG’s tax practitioners’ have exhibited in the challenging post pandemic period. This is a valued testimony of our Firm’s ability and focus on excellence in client satisfaction. We also dedicate this recognition to our clients for continuously reposing trust in the Firm and extending persistent support and opportunities. We congratulate our teams and look forward to achieving more awards and recognitions in the times ahead.'
ITR is a leading global publication dedicated to the international tax industry, and its awards program recognizes and celebrates the achievements of tax and transfer pricing firms throughout the world. There are three award ceremonies hosted annually, highlighting the most impressive work carried out in the Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and the Americas regions.
- Tax Firm of the Year
- Tax Transactions Firm of the Year
- Tax Policy Firm of the Year
- Tax Technology Provider of the Year
- Australia Tax Firm of the Year
- China Tax Firm of the Year
- Hong Kong SAR Tax Firm of the Year
- Hong Kong SAR Tax Disputes Firm of the Year
- India Tax Firm of the Year
- India Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year
- Malaysia Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year
- Singapore Tax Firm of the Year
- Singapore Tax Disputes Firm of the Year
- Taiwan Tax Firm of the Year
- Taiwan Tax Disputes Firm of the Year
- Thailand Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year
- Vietnam Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year
- Tax Practice Leader of the Year – John Timpany, Head of Tax in Hong Kong, KPMG China
Impact Deals of the Year:
- Altimeter Growth Corp – Grab Holdings merger: Allen & Gledhill, Hughes Hubbard & Reed, KPMG, Ropes & Gray, Skadden Arps Meagher Slate & Flom
- Gojek – Tokopedia merger: Allen & Overy, Assegaf Hamzah & Partners, Davis Polk & Wardwell, Ginting & Reksodiputro, Herbert Smith Freehills, Hiswaqra Bunjamin & Tandjung, KPMG
- IFM Investors, QSuper, and Global Infrastructure Partners takeover of Sydney Airport: Allens, Herbert Smith Freehills, KPMG
About KPMG in India
KPMG is a global organization of independent professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. KPMG is the brand under which the member firms of KPMG International Limited (“KPMG International”) operate and provide professional services. “KPMG” is used to refer to individual member firms within the KPMG organization or to one or more member firms collectively.
KPMG firms operate in 144 countries and territories with more than 236,000 partners and employees working in member firms around the world. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such. Each KPMG member firm is responsible for its own obligations and liabilities.
KPMG International Limited is a private English company limited by guarantee. KPMG International Limited and its related entities do not provide services to clients.
For more detail about our structure, please visit home.kpmg/governance.
For further information please contact :
KPMG in India
Mobile No - +91 9820770846
Email - email@example.com