A premier annual energy conclave
Date: 2-3 December 2020
Driven by climate concerns the global energy and natural resources (ENR) sector is going through unprecedented transition. Economies are steadily adopting cleaner and greener energy choices, including renewable energy and energy efficiency. More recently advanced technology choices such as storage, hydrogen, carbon sequestration, etc. are also being explored.
KPMG in India, along with KPMG International, proudly hosted the 11th edition of our annual ENR conclave – ENRich 2020. This year the event was on a virtual platform with coverage on issues of global relevance on energy and resources, and in particular the environmental implications of the resources economy. KPMG Global Energy Institute was a partner for ENRich 2020. The event featured a series of high-powered panels and roundtables with a host of eminent international speakers from business, governments, civil society and experts from KPMG member firms around the world. Mr. Dharmendra Pradhan, Hon’ble Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Minister of Steel, Government of India graced the inaugural session and released the thought leadership paper.
The overall conference theme was ‘The Net Zero Future’ in line with the global developments. The discussions focussed on the following themes:
- Investing in energy and natural resources in a post COVID-19 world
- Responsible Growth – Defining alternative investment pathways through ESG investing
- Converging mega trends in energy mobility and technology – Implications for a low carbon future
- Beyond the horizon: New energy technologies and their relevance for the Asia Pacific
- Transforming the energy investment landscape in the Middle East
- Getting close to the customer – can the energy majors win this game?
- Energy and climate dynamics post U.S. elections.