Subscribe to KPMG's Deal Capsule Life Sciences Newsletter
Partner, Deal Advisory - Valuation
KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft
+49 89 9282 1284 Christian Klingbeil Phone number
Email Christian Klingbeil
Preview of the KPMG Deal Capsule Life Sciences Newsletter
The new edition of our newsletter on transactions in the global life sciences industry glances back at the significant deals that took place in 2022 and provides further insights on the industry’s market trends.
2022 was an exceptionally challenging year for M&A in Life Sciences, marked by strong macroeconomic headwinds and geopolitical uncertainties.
- While the year started on an optimistic note, global factors, including a surge in Covid-19 cases, Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, inflationary pressures, supply chain disruptions, interest rate hikes, and the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) signed in the US in August 2022 adversely impacted the deal making environment.
- Despite these challenges and fluctuating market dynamics, the sector observed a few attention-grabbing acquisitions particularly in the last quarter of the year, such as the acquisition of Horizon Therapeutics by Amgen and that of Abiomed by Johnson & Johnson.
- Therefore, deal making in 2023 is expected to be in the area of tension between these strong sector fundamentals on the one side and the ongoing macroeconomic difficulties on the other side.
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia
Stay up to date with what matters to you
Gain access to personalized content based on your interests by signing up today